“Good but not great”
Review of Bella Notte

Bella Notte
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Notte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 934 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rojay
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The atmosphere at Bella Notte was awesome. The bread with herbs and olive oil was amazing!! The entrees were good but nothing special. We may give them another try since we'ver been told they are great.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We have been dining at Bella Notte for over 14 years, and we will make a detour on any trip back through the area in order to have a meal here. I cannot think of a single time that any visit we've had has been anything less than phenomenal. The food is absolutely delicious, service is top-notch, and the prices are incredibly reasonable. Bella Notte is the standard against which I evaluate all other restaurants -- it is just that good. If you enjoy Italian food, you will not be disappointed. Our most recent visit (in late July 2014) was just as amazing as always. I will be dreaming about the fresh bread with herbs/olive oil for weeks to come -- it's a mouthful of heaven.

1  Thank Stephanie C
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

From the delicious fresh bread through dessert, Bella Notte is sure to please. Their dishes are flavorful, well cooked, and a good serving size. It's a great place for a casual night out with a date, friends, or family.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Anytime I'm in Lexington I make it a point to eat here. The food and service is great. They have a great lunch special. I especially like their tomato basil soup. The décor is very rustic and give you are in an Italian town.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband, 13 yr old son, and I love Bella Notte for the fantastic apps, pasta, and dessert. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere suitable for either a date or a family night out. The bread is soft and warm and we always get the bruschetta, which is very fresh (and enormous so id recommend asking them to cut each piece in half). The restaurant has a decent wine/beer selection. Most importantly, make sure to leave room for dessert- the chocolate soufflé is the best I've had anywhere. Don't miss it.

Just FYI, it is owned by the same people who own Smashing Tomato. This is their upscale version of Italian.