“Long time patron”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I love this restaurant. The food is always great and the service is above average. My only complaint is the tight space. Most of my visits have been with a group of friends and we all love it, but it's way too cramped. I will still patronize this little spot, but not when there is a group of us.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

A tad on the expensive side but a fun little place with very good food. They were surprisingly out of the first bottle of wine we ordered and were also out of Miller Lite beer. Food was well prepared and served at a very good pace. This is not the place for a quiet, romantic dinner as it is very lively and on the noisy side. They have a few outside tables where families were seated.We'd visit again.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

On visits to Lexington, we always have dinner here. It has been consistently great and I've been coming back since the 90's. The menu always changes and the dishes are unique and delicious. Servers here can't be beat. I believe a couple of them have been there since the restaurant opened. If Lexington looks to be busy, make a reservation because seating gets limited. It's a popular place to eat.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Not having been in a long time we were looking forward to sharing a lovely dinner with friends.
First the positive- our server was excellent.
From there it went straight down hill.
The wives each had a warm spinach salad which was very small, tasteless and way over priced. They then ordered a southern style cordon bleu wrapped in Phyllo. Both orders were delivered burned on the bottom, dry and also tasteless. Our server was apologetic and asked if they would like something else. Because of the time they decided on the French Onion soup. It was delivered to the table looking very appealing. Upon trying it and I tried it as well, let me just say I have had better out of a can.
My meal was not much better. Having ordered the rabbit I was hoping for something close to what I had jus had in Spain (rabbit being one f my favorites). It was stringy an almost to dry to eat.
NO we will not be returning again.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I was in Lexington on a business trip one week before Christmas on a frigid (for Kentucky) Tuesday night. My work partner and I walked around a couple blocks in the vicinity and chose A la Lucie because it was the only busy looking place on a very quiet downtown evening. We both ordered from specials list and requested a modified appetizer (simple fried green tomato) which they accommodated. I had a healthy fish dish with stewed winter veggies and partner went with a dressed up liver dish which was fantastic for liver aficionados. Due to consuming a pre-dinner Kentucky Bourbon from a nearby distillery I did not partake of wine. I would definitely like to eat here again and recommend it!