“Nice and classy atmosphere”
Review of Portofino

Portofino
Reserve with OpenTable
Portofino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 901 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Quality
Description: Portofino features an inventive menu of Italian and American cuisine. Located in a beautifully renovated building on Main Street in downtown Lexington, KY, Portofino has an elegant interior design, a menu with the highest quality ingredients, and an extensive wine list.
Lexington, Kentucky
“Nice and classy atmosphere”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I work downtown and this restaurant is a very nice and classy place to eat. They are open for lunch and dinner. I have went on my lunch break and was surrounded by a lot of business people but that is expected in a downtown location mid-day. I love the food and the servers are very professional.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Melissa S

richmond va
“Lovely dinner with attentive service”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We just finished a lovely dinner: salads were excellent (arugula w/watermelon was terrific, and DH's Granny Smith apple w/goat cheese looked very good). Awfully nice & capable server, but I am taking one star off: I hate it when salads are brought while someone (DH) is still working on his soup. You end up juggling what plate/bowl goes where, and it just makes no sense! I had excellent scallops, and DH had lamb shank. Desserts were good (the housemade cheesecake and the very good pecan pie a la mode). And the bartender was delightful - they poured one ounce each for DH of Pappy Van Winkle's 23 yr old Scotch and the Basil Hayden that we're buying tomorrow at the Jim Beam Distillery - then, once DH had tasted both of the bourbons, the bartender graciously sent over a glass with the makings for a Manhattan (or two, as it turned out). A very upbeat mood to the place - we highly recommend it.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank RichmondVaJass
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good place for a business group dinner”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I recently had dinner here with nine colleagues. I arrived fifteen minutes early and was pleased to see that the table for 10 was ready. Service was great. The drinks, appetizers, and food came promptly. The bruschetta was tasty. I had the bourbon-glazed salmon with the orzo for my meal and it was delicious. There is ample parking on either side of the building. I came through Quality Street, so could only make a left on E. Main Street. However, since it was after 5:30 p.m., I was able to park in the parking lot in front of Portofino's entrance. I would return to dine here again.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank CCC_wanderlust
“Excellent meal with attentive service”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

The Osso Buco was tender and had an excellent flavor. Veal meatballs Marsala was also very enjoyable. Accompanied by a nice Malbec created an excellent meal. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. This is a great choice if you are in Lexington.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jake B
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Meal”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We had visited a couple of bourbon distilleries and were heading back to Versailles. My husband was very eager to try a particular bourbon which is VERY difficult to get (Pappy VanWinkle). We were told the bar at Portofino might have it. We stopped into the visitors' center in Lexington and one of the workers there called Portofino to ask. My husband spoke to the hostess who said yes, they did have Pappy's, so off we went. The restaurant is slightly upscale and we weren't dressed for it (but neither were any of the other patrons). We were told to have the bruschetta as a starter and weren't disappointed. It is addictive. We had the veal marsala meatballs, which were outstanding, and a chicken dish. Of course, a bottle of wine, and yes, a Pappy! Our waiter couldn't have been nicer and spent a lot of time discussing bourbon with my husband. FYI, their sister restaurant is Serafini in Frankfort, KY, which we were told has excellent food (and Pappy). I highly recommend Portfino.

• Visited May 2014

Been to Portofino? Share your experiences!