“Las Vegas, baby! What a building!”
Review of Coba Cocina - CLOSED

Coba Cocina
Cuisines: Latin, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Some guys are born curious. They can't just wonder what's around the corner. They've got to go see for themselves. The Greers are like that with food. You might call them culinary explorers. You might run into Lee tracking the true cubano in a Tampa barrio, the perfect pork chop in a Rio churrascaria. Phil sweet talking the secret of sweet corn tamales out of an ancient abuela in a Yucatan taqueria. One or both hot on the trail of the tastiest brisket taco. The most piquant Peruvian ceviche. The most authentic salsa. Margaritas that'll make you want to mambo. Whatever wows them on their travels, they bring right on back home. To wow you at Coba Cocina, Cobar Cantina, and Cocoh! Confectioner.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Fantastic building, fashion forward and beautiful, even the jellyfish. We had Sunday lunch here decided to try it because we drive past it as it caught our eyes. The prices were very reasonable, the food was plentiful for the price and very well presented. My daughter had fajitas and they were good but the platen did not come to the table steaming. We were looked after and the manager came to ask of we were enjoying the experience, yes it was what I see when I visit Vegas for trade show business. I hope they make it. The building cost a fortune and they need more traffic, a more business setting, downtown would make it a hit but it is a little remote, you need a car. We will be back.

There are newer reviews for Coba Cocina

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Recommend by hotel clerk. Mexican food just fine and price OK. Building is remarkable in the clerk (above) described the building more than the food. My experience was a noise level that reminded me of the dining hall in my army days. Loud, loud, loud. People dining should be able to converse without strain. Not here. The hard surfaces of the building reflect sound, IMO.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The food was good. The ambiance was unique. It was a delightful experience. We were given a tour after lunch. Everyone was very friendly

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Coba Cocina is a great place to go with anyone. Friends, family, or business! The food is great and the atmosphere is amazing! Try the Kentucky Margarita - you won't regret it!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

One of my colleagues and I decided to eat here simply because it appeared interesting from the outside. I may sound like a snob but the decor of this place is pure kitsch. This place is really for the yuppies. We were seated quickly . The menu items certainly looked good with a statement saying everything was authentic Mexican. Hogwash! I was born in Mexico so I can honestly say that many of the dishes I saw looked authentic but mine certainly did not taste like it. In fact my enchilada dish was extremely bland. They did offer special sauces which I did not try. I prefer my food already cooked with the correct type of spices rather than pouring it on after. I will not be back.

Some people may rate the atmosphere high. I rate it low simply because it goes against my artistic grain

1  Thank Alex080856