“Amazing food!! Amazing Service!!”
Review of First Watch

First Watch
Ranked #210 of 946 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We visited firstwatch last week and it was an amazing experience. I had their pancakes and they were delicious...their hashbrowns were delicious as well....amazing service too..keep it up...

Jessica R, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you, xyz12342013! We are so happy you had a wonderful experience with us, especially enjoying our pancakes and potatoes. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We went here on Sunday morning and had a 20 minute wait, which was not a problem, except they were so slow in bussing the empty tables. Then they sat a party of two at a 6 person table, twice. Had to ask for a water glass, twice. Some of the servers seemed like they were in slow motion. All in all the food was OK, but I guess they figured they had a captive audience that expected a wait, why speed things up.

2  Thank WeenjoytravelingUSA
Jessica R, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

WeenjoytravelingUSA - While we are happy you enjoyed our food, we are very sorry about the level of service you describe here. We take our service very serious, so your comments will be addressed with the team. This is never what you should expect when you are dining with us.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We enjoyed breakfast here recently and found friendly service (thanks Magan!), and good food at a good price. Coffee came in a thermal coffee pot and when we finished one pot, another appeared! I thoroughly enjoyed the 'energy bowl muesli' with low fat vanilla yogurt. My companion really liked the fresh OJ. Our guest loved the house special — the Trifecta with ham. Three persons ate for under $30.

1  Thank VaporK8
Jessica R, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

VaporK8 - We are thrilled you found great food, service and value with us! Thank you for joining us for breakfast!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I'm beginning to think Lexington residents only like breakfast from a doughnut shop or a fast food restaurant. Maybe they had kinks in the very beginning but my friend and I didn't experience any issues whatsoever. We met there on a Saturday around 1:00 pm. It was packed, the parking is inadequate for the area but that's not the restaurant's problem. It's a problem for an overgrown Lexington. We had about a 10 minute wait which was surprising considering the number of people that were waiting. But they were true to that number and we were seated in a booth exactly 10 minutes after I put our name on the list.

Our server was very attentive as soon as we sat down and answered our many questions. We ended up taking her recommendation for the Chickachanga and my friend got the Turkey Chive Crepegg. I will admit it was not an easy choice as the omelets, hashes and various sandwiches were all very tempting. She had coffee and I settled on sweet tea. My only suggestion is that they have more flavored drinks. They had a Mint Strawberry drink but I was told the mint was not subtle. Even some fruit flavored teas would be nice.

Our food was delivered hot and our server brought extra plates so my friend and I could share with each other. My Chickachanga was delicious, it was an explosion of different flavors with a bit of heat. The Vera Cruz sauce was delicious. I also had a side of perfectly cooked and seasoned home fries and a small bowl of honeydew melon (with one lone watermelon piece). The Turkey Chive Crepegg was amazing as well. The Hollandaise sauce was the perfect amount since it can sometimes be overwhelming in large doses. The spinach, cheese and chives along with the turkey and eggs were a winning combination. And even though I was completely stuffed I kept trying to finish my homefries because they were THAT good.

We ended up closing the place down at 2:30 but we weren't hurried out. We were well taken care of even when checking out by the manager. I was pleased and look forward to returning numerous times to try just about everything on the menu!

1  Thank kychilehead
Jessica R, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

kychilehead - We are so happy you and your friend had such a tasty and nice experience with us! It's great to hear your server made some wonderful food suggestions and you both left very full. We will also share your feedback about the drink selection with the team. Thank you for giving us a try and we hope to see you both to try back some more items off our menu soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I returned here a few times recently and is much improved service-wise! Food is very good too. My original review below:
"Gave these guys a second try, as they haven't been open long. Both times the staff could have cared less about my being there, including managers. The place was less than half full on both visits. The food is just okay, and delivered quickly. I've only had some breakfast basics so can't vouch for sandwiches, etc. I understand the vibe here, and don't expect to be waited on hand and foot, but they could do better. They should watch one of those Gordon Ramsay shows for some tips...hope they get better."

1  Thank BigBlueKY
Jessica R, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

BigBlueKY - This is wonderful to hear! Great food and friendly, attentive service are so important to us, so we are thrilled we are now exceeding your expectations. Thank you for the updated feedback!