“I really don't get it....”
Review of First Watch

First Watch
Ranked #190 of 949 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed November 6, 2012

People had raved about this place before it arrived in Lexington and breakfast is my favorite meal. I had friends who worked it into trip when they headed to Cincinnati so i was anxious when First Watch came. It was so busy the first few weeks that i held off because i wanted to hopefully have a good experience. When we arrived Saturday morning it was about a 20 min wait. Seemed like a nice enough place upon entering. Once we got our table we really had great service, drinks to our table and i went with the bacado omelet.... one of their "specialties" and my wife got the Eggs Benedict.

When the food arrived i was not super impressed, the whole meal screamed run of the mill chain rest. My omlet was ok, the hashbrowns (diced potatoes) were undercooked, many were flat out raw and the "housemade" salsa was canned somewhere, I would put my life on the fact it wasnt homemade. My wife hashbrowns were also raw, even more so than mine. The whole experience left me with the summed up review that First Watch = Perkins plus bucks per person

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We went to First Watch on Sunday with our usual six adults and a baby, and got a variety of their dishes. I ordered the Key West Crepe, which was quite tasty, and a more than adequate serving. Their house potatoes are flavorful, but might have been a bit better cooked more. Someone got the blueberry pancake, one person got the chickenchanga, one person got the parm hash, two people got everything omelets, and the baby got a turkey sandwich. Everyone liked their food, and we like the location and the atmosphere. They still need to work on service. Our watress was accompanied by someone who might have been a trainee, and neither of them were confident and efficient. We had to run someone down to fix an egg order and get butter, drinks and extra napkins. We waited 45 minutes, and the seven of us were seated in a booth, which isn't ideal, but they have round tables, so I think next time we will wait longer so they don't have to reach over a baby to serve hot food and drinks.