“Terrific food, beer and atmosphere”
Review of The Village Idiot

The Village Idiot
Ranked #24 of 901 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Lexington, Kentucky
“Terrific food, beer and atmosphere”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Excellent selection of beer and an innovative menu of gastro-pub dishes (try the brussels sprouts!) -- all in a beautifully renovated historic downtown building.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank mbgriffith

Lawton, Oklahoma
“We love Village Idiot!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Village Idiot has a great changing menu and lots of great beers on tap. They are great to visit late and with large groups. The only things to be wary of is that they often run out of things late in the evening and sometimes service is a little slow!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kaci S
Dallas, TX
“great food and bar”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

we stopped in here for dinner and sat at the bar. They have a great selection of beer and the food is great too. I had a B.E.L.T. and the other folks I was with had the idiot and muffaleta. Everyone enjoyed their food and sitting at the upstairs bar was great. This place gets packed and we lucked out to get seats at bar the upstairs.

Visited October 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great High Gravity Bar”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

My family and I were here on May 17 for a quick beer...or two. Atmosphere was good as was the service and beer. Had probably 20 beers to choose from. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the selection which helped us narrow down our choices. Facility was clean and well maintained. Unfortunately, we did not sample the food as we had already eaten before arriving, but IT DID look and smell good.

• Visited May 2014
Connecticut
“Inventive Menu and Good Beer Selection”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

At the suggestion of the Country Boy Brewing folks, I had dinner at this local gastropub which lived up to its hype. Outstanding choice of local and international beer (I had the West Sixth IPA with dinner; a typical tasting hoppy IPA) with an inventive menu. I had (fried) Duck and Waffles with local maple syrup which had a great mix of flavor. Nothing frozen here. My friend's crab mac and cheese also looked good (and nothing was left on his plate in the end). I liked the fact you could have an upscale entree or a more reasonably priced yet interesting sandwich or salad as well. So the menu will appeal to everyone. My standard is always "would I go regularly if it was in my backyard?" - and the answer is definitely yes. I wish my local gastropub had 1/2 as much a selection of beer and as good a quality a menu.

Visited May 2014