“Great Restaurant disguised as a Great Pub” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Village Idiot
Ranked #25 of 885 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Restaurant disguised as a Great Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

My wife and I visited Lexington earlier this week and stayed at the downtown Hilton. One of the first things we did after arriving was walk around the neighborhood and check out the numerous bars and restaurants that were close by. The Village Idiot (what a name!) caught our attention. We stopped and looked at the menu and decided to give it a try later that evening for dinner. My wife and I both started out with appetizers which were both terrific. She had a dish with Brussel Sprouts and roasted potatoes, and I had steamed clams with lobster claws. Both of these appetizer dishes were exceptional. Then for the main course, my wife had Spring Pea Ravioli, about which she is still raving, and I had the Duck Confit! The duck leg was perfectly prepared, served over cornmeal waffles, and dressed lightly with maple syrup. Unbelievable! This is a great little restaurant and terrific little pub at the same time, and by the way, the people working there were great as well, providing excellent service and warm hospitality. We love this place and will definitely return when we get a chance.

• Visited July 2013

Vernon Rockville, Connecticut
“good quirky little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Had a smaller menu and not much that my daughter and I would like on it but the hamburger was the best I've had anywhere and the fries with dipping sauces were very good. I was surprised, it was definitely not our normal type pick, but enjoyed the food.

Visited July 2013
“Always a pleasure to find something this different.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

While stumbling upon this place late one night, were very surprised with the food options. Home fries with 4 homemade sauces, scottish eggs, fried chicken and waffles..mmmmm. the lavender mojito is absolutely to die for. I'll make another return even just for the drinks also. I tried the crab mac and cheese, and was plesently surprised. Served in a heavy cast iron skillet, my meal stayed hot the whole duration of our stay. My boyfriend had the fried chicken and waffles, needless to say the only thing left were bones. Sincerely dynamite. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth G
Lexington, Kentucky
“Good place ☺”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Beet salad is awesome. Service was really good. Waiter was super nice & it's in a great location. My only downfall w/this place is that it's soooo loud. Maybe it was because we were seated upstairs. I don't know. But we were basically screaming across the table at one another! But overall decent place ☺

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank K B
Kentucky
“Still wow . . And a suggestion . .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Brought the family this time (because the daughter-in-law LOVES Brussels sprouts) and, as expected, she thought they were fabulous - and they are! Service was excellent even with three little ones who were not the typical clientele. Only one issue: what time does it open??? Last month we got there at 5 and they had been open since 4 or 4:30, this time we got there at 4:45 and they didn't open until 5! If we had not been meeting people, we would have wandered on down the street to another watering hole. . .

• Visited June 2013