“Always a pleasure to find something this different.”
Review of The Village Idiot

The Village Idiot
Ranked #31 of 929 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

While stumbling upon this place late one night, were very surprised with the food options. Home fries with 4 homemade sauces, scottish eggs, fried chicken and waffles..mmmmm. the lavender mojito is absolutely to die for. I'll make another return even just for the drinks also. I tried the crab mac and cheese, and was plesently surprised. Served in a heavy cast iron skillet, my meal stayed hot the whole duration of our stay. My boyfriend had the fried chicken and waffles, needless to say the only thing left were bones. Sincerely dynamite. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Elizabeth G
There are newer reviews for The Village Idiot

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Beet salad is awesome. Service was really good. Waiter was super nice & it's in a great location. My only downfall w/this place is that it's soooo loud. Maybe it was because we were seated upstairs. I don't know. But we were basically screaming across the table at one another! But overall decent place ☺

1  Thank K B
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Brought the family this time (because the daughter-in-law LOVES Brussels sprouts) and, as expected, she thought they were fabulous - and they are! Service was excellent even with three little ones who were not the typical clientele. Only one issue: what time does it open??? Last month we got there at 5 and they had been open since 4 or 4:30, this time we got there at 4:45 and they didn't open until 5! If we had not been meeting people, we would have wandered on down the street to another watering hole. . .

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had dinner there on Saturday night with no real knowledge of what it would be like. Wow, I was very happily surprised. There is no direct "ethnic food" menu, but a good selection to choose for. We had the pork bahn mi sandwich and also the crab Mac n cheese with truffles. Both were excellent. Service was quick and the price was reasonable. It is a bar restaurant but feels more like a comfortable place to enjoy a meal with or without the alcohol. We don't drink and still felt very comfortable sitting for a meal. I highly recommend The Village Idiot and I will return.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This restaurant is always hoppin' and the food keeps people coming back! We love to go for beers and eat the fries and dipping sauce. If I'm going for a meal, I love the B.E.L.T. The chef not only cooks wonderful and imaginative food, but is a genuinely nice person. Definitely go!