“great Little Restaurant”

Sutton's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 944 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Local family owned an operated Italian restaurant with an American Pub. Made from scratch, local, organic family recipes. Open for lunch and dinner. We serve food very late 7 days a week. Daily specials, happy hours, and discounts. Patio seating and Bocce Ball courts available.
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Very Good Food, good service, good location. I especially like their pizzas, scallops and I love the bread pudding!

Gordon L, Owner at Sutton's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Hello Pat, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review of Sutton's. I'm so happy to hear that we met your expectations! We hope to see you back very soon! Regards, Gordon

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We have eaten here before and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. This time we ordered a bottle of Alamos malbec, and the server brought us some run-of-the mill bread with a small saucer of olive oil. This time my food was not so good. We were two couples for dinner. I had the mushroom stuffed ravioli ("made from scratch. Herb-infused ravioli, stuffed with exotic mushrooms. Served with sundried tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms and our signature herb and garlic Parmesan cream sauce"). I could not see any mushrooms stuffed inside, but there were some on top of the dish. There were some sundried tomatoes, and very little sauce. The ravioli were very dry, like they had been sitting a long time. This dish should have been thrown away, and a new entree begun. I was very disappointed. Anther diner had the hamburger with home made chips, which was good. Another diner asked for the grilled salmon and broccoli, but with no seasoning. Both came with plenty of seasoning. The last diner had the eggplant parmesan, which was the winner of the night. Lots of spaghetti with three breaded and fried eggplant on top with marinara sauce. Very nice. Our server was nice, and the one who delivered our food was personable. All in all, we had a nice time.

1  Thank KyBoop

Dear KyBoop, I'm sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations during your last visit. Your opinion means more to me than you will know. Thank you for your feedback! I hope you will come back again and experience why we are considered "The place for Italian in Lexington". We pride ourselves for consistency in service, food quality, and atmosphere. Your comments will be addressed immediately and we will use your thoughts to improve our operations. Thank you, Gordon

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My family and I have ate here several times for dinner and the service was great .We ate lunch there yesterday and the waitress we had obviously did not want to be there She acted as if we was putting her out having to wait on us My grandaughter asked for some of the cheese that they twist (Parmesean) so I told the waitress what she meant The waitress brings back a shaker and slings it down on the table and walks away .A word of advice when a child talks to you in a manorly way YOU TALK BACK TO THEM THE SAME WAY because that childs family has chose to eat at your restraunt ! 60 bucks for 2 salads and a kids pizza you better be nice to your customers !

Gordon L, Owner at Sutton's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Polly, my most sincere apologies! I will address your complaint with the team and remind them how important our youngest guests are and how they impact our business. We rarely have a complaint so I am really shocked at our lack of concern and professionalism. I would be grateful if you would call me to discuss. Thank you for your feedback! Sincerely, Gordon (859) 268-2068

Reviewed May 23, 2014

We visited Sutton's with old college friends while visiting from Florida. This restaurant was right up the road from our hotel, and we all wanted something different - so this fit the bill! I wanted pizza, others wanted pasta, some a salad. We were able to get all of these and each enjoyed them very much. I loved my flat bread pizza. Could not eat the whole thing and took back to hotel to microwave on another day. Salad was huge and delicious. The atmosphere was great - very pleasantly decorated and lots of light. Our server (can't quite remember his name) was fun- very attentive and enjoyed bantering with us. Would definitely go back next time we are in Lexington.

Gordon L, Owner at Sutton's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Hello Suzy, Thank you so kindly for your review! I know it takes real effort to go out of your way to say something nice and we certainly appreciate your time. I'm so flattered that the group liked the diversity of our menu as we claim "to have something on the menu for anyone". Safe travels and Best regards, Gordon, founder

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Don't be thrown by the unItalian name of this establishment. It is authentic, genuinely good with huge portions and a price point that makes it an excellent value. There is a wide variety of your favorites and, unlike the chain restaurants, a large choice of pub favorites in case someone in your party is just not feeling La Dolce Vite. Sutton's is the type of local cafe that deserves your support. I know it has mine.

2  Thank mjpascuzzi

Mr. Pascuzzi, It was real pleasure meeting you and you wife after you posted such an awesome review of our authentic Italian Restaurant. So great hearing about your family and stories about the love of family and growing up with great Italian food. We hope to spread a little of what you and I got to enjoy growing up at the table at Sutton's! Best regards! Fino alla prossima volta! Gordon, founder