“Don't waste your money”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Nicholasville, Kentucky
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Work took us to Shakespeare and Co for lunch and I was not impressed. The restaurant décor was to busy, the menu was I think 9 pages long, I ended up getting tomato soup, a burger and fries with water to drink and it was almost $20 for just me. There were 4 at our table and the bill was $117. If you wanna go just for the experience then it is a neat weird place but you probably wont go back.

• Visited November 2013
Mark C, Manager at Shakespeare and Co., responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Robert D,

Thanks for the visit and recent review. Yes, our menu is large. You can order anything off our menu anytime of the day. If you want a filet at 7:30 am you can have the filet. If you want biscuits and gravy at midnight we will serve you biscuits and gravy.

Our menu has prices ranging from $5.00 flatbreads to $30.00 steaks. The large bowl of Tomato soup is $6.00, the half pound burger, fires and coleslaw are listed at $12.00 on the menu. With tax your bill would be almost $20.00.

I invite you to return and try some of our other menu items.

Owensboro, Kentucky
“New waiter needs to learn the menu but food was good”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in before the game. I ordered a hamburger and add on blue cheese crumbles that were supposed to be cooked INSIDE the burger. When my burger came to the table he brought me blue cheese DRESSING. I told him the crumbles were supposed to be inside and that it was not dressing. He told me the dressing would have made the hamburger a weird consistency and the kitchen told him they couldn't cook the dressing in the burger. I told him that in the menu under the sandwiches it lists the cheese add ons. He still didn't seem to understand. So my husband just cut to the chase and asked for some crumbles on the side.

After that issue the rest of the meal went well. ALL the food was quite tasty. They make their own pretzel buns which were very good. You can substitute for the fries and I got a fruit cup. All fresh fruit, no canned stuff. It was very good. I'd eat here again. My only complaint would be the bottle of cleanser on the counter next to my table. As far as the waiter, he told us he was new when he came to the table so I would cut him some slack this week. He needs to study the menu though!

The decor is very Victorian. I loved it. It's worth a try.

BudNLily,

Thanks for the review and your recent visit. I was confused by your comment that the menu stated that the blue cheese was cooked inside the burger. After reviewing the menu I understand how you thought the crumbles were supposed to be cooked inside the burger. Under the burger section you are directed to ADD YOUR CHOICE OF FILLINGS. This is a mistake on our menu that will be corrected. The menu should read ADD YOUR CHOICE OF TOPPINGS.

Thanks for pointing out this error!!!!!

Hopefully you will return on your next visit to Lexington.
Lexington, Kentucky
“Waste of Money; Super Average”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

So if you just want a place to hang out and get an average bite and you don't care about the quality of the food, it's ok then. The atmosphere is tacky burlesque decor, the wait staff is hit and miss, more misses than hits. The food is over priced and forgettable, but the location is a great location in the heart of down town.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank michel666
Davenport, Iowa
“Happy Hour”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stopped in for drinks after a full day around Lexington. Great happy hour prices, neat spot and a kind bartender. Stop by, for sure!

dumont82,

Thanks for the review. Look forward to your return visit.

Thanks,

Mark
Maysville, Georgia
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant after a basketball game. This was our anniversary and were looking for something a little different to celebrate. We actually stopped at another restaurant but didn't like the menu or the atmosphere so we decided to walk a little more around town. So glad we did! Love the decor of this place as soon as we walked in. The staff was very friendly and upbeat! We decided to eat at the bar to watch some football. The bartender was very knowledgeable of the menu and was a delight to chat with. I had the goat cheese pizza with sundried tomatoes ....delicious! I husband a spaghetti which he said was excellent. Would highly recommend this place!

• Visited November 2013
Mark C, Manager at Shakespeare and Co., responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Amy,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review. All reviews from our guests, positive or negative are always read and shared with our staff. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our staff.

We look forward to your return the next time you visit Lexington.

Once again thanks for the great review.