“Three times in a week!”

Shakespeare and Co.
Reserve with OpenTable
Shakespeare and Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 949 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My friend and I were visiting Lexington for an ICES convention and enjoyed Shakespeare and Company so much we ate there three times in a week! My favorite dish was the Spring Chicken, but the lamb came in a close second. We wanted to try the breakfast menu on our last day so we took the recommendation of our waiter and ordered the Mediterranean breakfast. Very different from an American breakfast but we loved it! The restaurant decor was charming and unique and the service excellent. Hope to return some day!

Mark C, Manager at Shakespeare and Co., responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Treestump56,

Thanks for joining us while in town for the ICES convention. It is always a pleasure to get a great review from someone in the food industry. We were happy to serve and provide great food to so many ICES guests during the week. Our staff raved about how enjoyable it was meeting so many people in town for the ICES.

Once again thanks for the great review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

So every single time my girlfriend has friends come in from out of town, she insists on taking them here; I just don't get it. But then again I am one to prefer what comes out of the kitchen rather than the ambiance. The latter Shakespeare and Co. definitely holds up their end. Service too was above and beyond. My Girlfriend always gets the Cobb Salad which actually was the best thing that came to our table that day. To my fault I ordered the burger, don't know why, I was just in that kind of mood. Probably one of the most boring and drab burgers I have ever had. Then again, what business do I have ordering a burger here at S & Co.? My buddy ordered the Chicken Alfredo. uh, yup it was Chicken Alfredo with dry chicken. Nothing to rave about, yet not worth the effort to write anything else about it. Yea, I guess ill be back, but only because my girlfriend will drag me there once again.

Eatingape,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. Sorry you were not happy with our burger. Hopefully on your next visit you will give our burger another try and add some of the many toppings we have available..

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Ate there today as it was one of the only restaurants open on Sunday in the afternoon in the area. The atmosphere was good for afternoon tea but not great for dinner. The couches and coffee tables are a cute idea, however, very uncomfortable for a meal. The food was good but nothing to brag about. My only real complaint was that the French fries were barely warm. Our server, Josh Josh, was pretty attentive but slacked up towards the end so we never were able to order another drink before we decided to leave. I probably not return if in the area.

Mark C, Manager at Shakespeare and Co., responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Striker,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We do offer regular tables and chairs for dining. Some people love the couches, while others prefer chairs. I am sorry that your fries were only warm and that Josh slacked off at the end of your dining experience. I will share this information with the Chef and Josh.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The food was absolutly amazing! The steak was extremely tender and Delish! The staff was extremely helpful when we walked in with a part of 18. They went above and beyond to seat us in a timely manner. The food was out in no time. Friendly service and I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Natasha,

Thanks for the great review. Without a great staff it would have been hard to accommodate such a large party. We are glad that your party enjoyed dining with us and that we could provide your group with great food and service. Please visit us again when you are in Lexington.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Walked in on a lark; intrigued by the pretty menu. Loved the decor and loved that we could sit on a comfy couch in the bar area for lunch. The tables were actually a good height for this - not like when i try to eat off my coffee table at home and feel like i'm standing on my head! The music is a bit loud, but it was fine - went with the cool, eclectic, elizabethan-goes-DIY decor. Service good. Ordered a cobb salad and it was lovely and had a unique bean salad thing going on, which was good...but why is it the "done thing" these days to put a huge slab of lettuce on your plate (i'm not talking about the classic "iceberg wedge," i know what i'm going to get if i order that)? It may be all the rage in culinary institutes around the world, but i hate it. It is impractical and also in poor manners, if you believe amy vanderbilt etiquette that says you should NEVER use a knife on a salad. Sigh. I am in the minority, i assume. Overall good, fresh food in an interesting environment. Would go back.

Absynthe114,

Thanks for your recent review. We have come to find that most guests really do like the opportunity to sit on the comfy couches when dining. Please visit us again and try some of our other amazing menu items.