“A unique dining experience”

Shakespeare and Co.
Reserve with OpenTable
Shakespeare and Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 962 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I recently went on a date to Shakespeare & Co on a Friday evening. Coming in to the restaurant was a bit confusing, as no one greeted us until we looked like we were completely lost. We were told the bar was open seating or we could choose to sit in the dining room. My date and I are both tall, and were taken to a very small table that was next to another small table -- only a column in between us. We felt like we were having dinner with the people at the next table. The server we had was alright. Very stereotypical server, trying to up-sell our whole dinner. I had the Prawn & Avocado sandwich, and my date had the Shakespeare Club. Both were pretty good, and fairly priced. The decor can be a bit much at times, but it works well for the place. I rather enjoyed that there was a large mixture of people in the restaurant. No one seemed out of place here. I'll definitely dine here again.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have been to Shakespeare and Co two times since it opened several months ago. This restaurant stands out due to its very spectacular decor. A lot of thought and effort most certainly went into designing this place. There is a formal restaurant part, as well as a cozy bar area where patrons can sit at a couch, patio, or bar. The location is ideal being in the center of all the downtown hot spots. I would say that the food quality does not quite rise to the level that the splendor of the interior design would suggest. I would avoid the pizza, which my wife and I found to be quite ordinary with very little seasoning. Other items on the menu are quite good I would say. Also, the waiting staff and bar tenders are friendly and conversational, and they have an excellent selection of libations. I will continue to frequent this establishment.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

too many employees apparently not experienced in their field.terrible leadership in the mgmt of this place.name has nothing to do with anything at this place.the crap under my salmon filet was sickening in taste and smell.if thats what it takes to be multi-cultural and sofisticated, I'll keep my hillbilly self in tennessee and eat my turnip greens and soup beans

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Here is why a guy might go to Shakespeare and Co.:
1. Has time to kill before the Alltech Lexington Brewery tour (and is in the company of women)
2. Wants something decent to eat.
3. Can get a head start on the brewery tour with a Lexington Bourbon Barrel Ale.
The atmosphere is like a dollhouse, very kitschy-cutesy (check out their website, it says it all!). The food was good, the portions modest. The fries were excellent, crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside. I ordered the Shakespeare Club and my wife had the avocado and prawn sandwich, both were tasty but not outstanding.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Loved the unique atmosphere and the service and food were great too! The lamb chops were a bit too well done but they took care of that immediately, no questions asked.