“Fun eclectic atmosphere”

Shakespeare and Co.
Reserve with OpenTable
Shakespeare and Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 951 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Fun eclectic atmosphere and good food! It's an interesting setup because you're mainly sitting on couches with low coffee tables, but fun and different!

I had the three kabobs: lamb, chicken and beef and they were all delicious, but the lamb was exceptional!

I'd come just for the eclectic atmosphere, but it helps that the food is delicious!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

The decor and atmosphere: 5 stars. The food? maybe 2 stars. Today I had the Mediterranean flatbread with tomatoes and arugula. Sounded great. It was awful. It was flatbread with orangey cheddar cheese, limp, room temperature arugula and not much of it. The arugula had no dressing on it. This should have all been fresh: fresh tomatoes, no icky orange cheese, fresh arugula - not the baby arugula that is worn out and tired and some nice shavings of parmesan and basil on top. Just awful. The service was mediocre. We waited and waited for our checks. He added the gratuity of 18% which I thought was high for the service provided. Don't know the chef and don't want to.

2  Thank HungryinKentucky
Reviewed July 9, 2012

A very Unusuald & expensive decor. Menus are imressive food is excellent Staff is learning & friendly.

This is one of the most decor impressive restaurants I have seen. Rumor is $6 million to renovate
by local horse farm owners fro Dubai. Similar restaurants in Dubai. A few wrinkles to work out

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Ate here over the weekend. The place was packed even at the 'early' hour of 6:30ish on a Saturday. Menu is huge. I had the smoked salmon salad. It was very good with a healthy portion of the salmon. Tried the calamari for an appetizer. It was okay, not worth trying again. The prices are a little steep for the amount of food you get.
Service seemed a little iffy. I think they were overwhelmed by the huge crowd at that hour.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

My wife and I have dined here 5 times since it opened. The food has been quite good for the most part though we the restaurant gets crowded, food preparation breaks down as does the service. It appears to be a management problem as we have witnessed this break down in service in three of our five visits. This restaurant has the potential to be quite good but until management solves the service problem, we will stay away for a while.

2  Thank derbycityvisitor

Been to Shakespeare and Co.? Share your experiences!