“Would have not expected what we experienced!”

Willie's Locally Known
Ranked #60 of 910 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Would have not expected what we experienced!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Don't judge a book by it's cover when driving up to Willie's! Looks like a dive bar, until you taste their food. Service was above and beyond. Attentive and friendly. We had the pork burger... unlike any.. did I say any? any pork burger you can imagine. The combination on the pork burger was so good. I would love to take back some of the smoked cheddar that they use. We also ordered the truffle fries.. best tasting fries I've had in a long time. white truffle oil and garlic used. We had the burnt tips (brisket) that was not here long. Tender, smokey and delicious. I wished we lived closer, we'd be here weekly. (oh, and they make their cheesecakes in house, too)

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank tgreen1001

Madison, wi
“Great, inexpensive food, friendly service”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We had the Fried Pickles, Fried Green Tomatoes and the Catfish Po' Boy. All three were amazing. We also had the corn bread which was served as a pancake and super tasty. They had a great solo musician playing which was not too loud. The bartender was very nice and encouraged us to come back for more music the next night. This was a great inexpensive meal. I will go back.

2 Thank Urbanmutant
NYC
“Great spot to hear eclectic, live music”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Heard three great bands in one night then retired to the bar. Looking forward to coming back when it's warmer for music and beers in their outdoor area. Also enjoyed their food menu which has the basics and some items for the more adventurous eaters out there.

• Visited March 2013
Maryville, Tennessee
“Great service and good food”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stopped in here on our way back from Cincinnati. We were looking for somewhere local and non-chain to eat dinner. We visited on a Sunday night and it wasn't busy at all. Say down and the waitress was super sweet and helpful. Ordered BBQ and it came with their homemade chips. I wasn't a huge fan of the chips, but they weren't terrible. I can't say enough about the staff. They are great. We definitely want to visit again to see a show there.

• Visited January 2013
United States
“Great Food. Great Atmosphere. Great Addition to Lexington.”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I love this place. Willie's menu is very small, and there's no need for anything else to be added. What they cook up, they cook up well. And that's just the food. It's a great place for music and a general great time. Decent beer selection. When I heard where it's located I was skeptical (though I have indulged at Loudon Square a few times, the corner of Loudon and Broadway isn't exactly known as a safe area), but like other reviewers I was so glad I went and have gone back several times. It's great for a date or to take friends (though it's kind of loud when the live music starts). As someone else pointed out, there's a funky vibe to Willie's, a kind of feel to it that other spots in town don't necessarily have. I think it's cool they chose an offbeat location, because Willie's is an offbeat kind of place.

• Visited March 2013