“Great, inexpensive food, friendly service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Willie's Locally Known

Willie's Locally Known
Ranked #62 of 885 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Madison, wi
“Great, inexpensive food, friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We had the Fried Pickles, Fried Green Tomatoes and the Catfish Po' Boy. All three were amazing. We also had the corn bread which was served as a pancake and super tasty. They had a great solo musician playing which was not too loud. The bartender was very nice and encouraged us to come back for more music the next night. This was a great inexpensive meal. I will go back.

2 Thank Urbanmutant

NYC
“Great spot to hear eclectic, live music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Heard three great bands in one night then retired to the bar. Looking forward to coming back when it's warmer for music and beers in their outdoor area. Also enjoyed their food menu which has the basics and some items for the more adventurous eaters out there.

• Visited March 2013
Maryville, Tennessee
“Great service and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stopped in here on our way back from Cincinnati. We were looking for somewhere local and non-chain to eat dinner. We visited on a Sunday night and it wasn't busy at all. Say down and the waitress was super sweet and helpful. Ordered BBQ and it came with their homemade chips. I wasn't a huge fan of the chips, but they weren't terrible. I can't say enough about the staff. They are great. We definitely want to visit again to see a show there.

• Visited January 2013
United States
“Great Food. Great Atmosphere. Great Addition to Lexington.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I love this place. Willie's menu is very small, and there's no need for anything else to be added. What they cook up, they cook up well. And that's just the food. It's a great place for music and a general great time. Decent beer selection. When I heard where it's located I was skeptical (though I have indulged at Loudon Square a few times, the corner of Loudon and Broadway isn't exactly known as a safe area), but like other reviewers I was so glad I went and have gone back several times. It's great for a date or to take friends (though it's kind of loud when the live music starts). As someone else pointed out, there's a funky vibe to Willie's, a kind of feel to it that other spots in town don't necessarily have. I think it's cool they chose an offbeat location, because Willie's is an offbeat kind of place.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank lahdeefrickindah
Lexington, Kentucky
“Of course I came for the Bluegrass music...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have been to Willie's several times. I go to Willie's for the Live Bluegrass music. As a music venue, Willie's has temendous opportunity for improvement. If you don't get there early enough to grab one of the tables in front of the stage, you will get a better view of the band on the closed circuit TV at the bar in the next room. It is kinda awkward to watch the band unless you sit at a table. No wall space to lean against or open area on that side of the resturant. willie's stage area is better suited for the Sunday night pickin' that I seen, of course it is less crowded then. There is a huge outdoor covered deck. Perhaps the music can move out there in nicer weather.

I find the Barbeque pretty good. Good barbeque is not cheap, and it's safe to say this BBQ is priced accordingly. I cannot endorse the staff's and menu's claims about the truffle oil drizzled french fries, I do highly recommend thier homemade potato chips . The premium beers are a bit pricey. I usually have the pulled pork sandwich or the wings. I'm a bit of a pepper head and the sauces have been fairly accurate in in thier description of hotness.

The service has been consisistantly good even when very crowded..

• Visited December 2012