“Great service and good food”

Willie's Locally Known
Ranked #50 of 962 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: American Eclectic Restaurant and Live Music Venue specializing in smoked meats, craft beer, and bourbon.
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stopped in here on our way back from Cincinnati. We were looking for somewhere local and non-chain to eat dinner. We visited on a Sunday night and it wasn't busy at all. Say down and the waitress was super sweet and helpful. Ordered BBQ and it came with their homemade chips. I wasn't a huge fan of the chips, but they weren't terrible. I can't say enough about the staff. They are great. We definitely want to visit again to see a show there.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I love this place. Willie's menu is very small, and there's no need for anything else to be added. What they cook up, they cook up well. And that's just the food. It's a great place for music and a general great time. Decent beer selection. When I heard where it's located I was skeptical (though I have indulged at Loudon Square a few times, the corner of Loudon and Broadway isn't exactly known as a safe area), but like other reviewers I was so glad I went and have gone back several times. It's great for a date or to take friends (though it's kind of loud when the live music starts). As someone else pointed out, there's a funky vibe to Willie's, a kind of feel to it that other spots in town don't necessarily have. I think it's cool they chose an offbeat location, because Willie's is an offbeat kind of place.

2  Thank lahdeefrickindah
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have been to Willie's several times. I go to Willie's for the Live Bluegrass music. As a music venue, Willie's has temendous opportunity for improvement. If you don't get there early enough to grab one of the tables in front of the stage, you will get a better view of the band on the closed circuit TV at the bar in the next room. It is kinda awkward to watch the band unless you sit at a table. No wall space to lean against or open area on that side of the resturant. willie's stage area is better suited for the Sunday night pickin' that I seen, of course it is less crowded then. There is a huge outdoor covered deck. Perhaps the music can move out there in nicer weather.

I find the Barbeque pretty good. Good barbeque is not cheap, and it's safe to say this BBQ is priced accordingly. I cannot endorse the staff's and menu's claims about the truffle oil drizzled french fries, I do highly recommend thier homemade potato chips . The premium beers are a bit pricey. I usually have the pulled pork sandwich or the wings. I'm a bit of a pepper head and the sauces have been fairly accurate in in thier description of hotness.

The service has been consisistantly good even when very crowded..

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I've been to Willie's numerous times to hear bands. Today 5 of us went to eat and listen to some great music. The truffle fries are not to be missed! I had a pulled pork sandwich. Very simple, but very good. This was the meal 4 of us had and all enjoyed it. We had to try some of their wings. Blackberry habanero wings; delicious! The other person in our party had a catfish basket. She said it was very good as well. I haven't heard a bad band yet. Love this little place.

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Don't be intimidated by the location or exterior. A bluegrass bar that we stopped in for lunch on a road trip. The fried apps are awesome as our the French fries. Ribs were good not great beef brisket okay. Not worth a special trip but easy access of interstate and so much better than a fast food joint.