“Food is okay”
Review of Jalapeno's - CLOSED

Jalapeno's
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: The best real Mexican food in Lexington. Chicken soup is perfect. Quesadillas, guacamole, pico de gallo, fajitas, enchiladas, margaritas ---best I have had anywhere. And the prices are so reasonable and the service is fast and personal. This is our "go to" when we have out of town guests and need something fast and delicious.
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I ordered a deep fried chimichanga.. If it was deep fried there was no crunch to it and that would be hard to do. It was good but not what I wanted. The service was good but I really didn't like the idea that they took my glass to refill it. I would prefer to have that done at the table. When we went to the counter to pay the gentleman stayed on the phone the entire time carrying on a conversation. I found this to be rude as we had no conversation with him at all. I don't even remember a thank you. I think this restaurant has gotten to confident and should wake up before they lose more customers. This was at lunch around 12 noon.

There are newer reviews for Jalapeno's

Reviewed July 21, 2013

large quantities, always consistent, accommodate large groups, margeritas are great! waiters are attentive and helpful. Vibe is good.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Grew up in Lexington and Jalapeno's was always the place for Mexican. Its still as good as it was then and when I go home to visit... I always like a lil mexican food. There are a few locations around town and they are all really good.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife introduced me to Jalapeno's on New Circle while we were dating and I was so sorry I'd passed them by all those years before we met. They are located in an area of town that is not indicative of the quality of food and service you receive. While initially reserved, the owners and staff are wonderfully friendly to their customers who very soon become a "part of the family". The food and service is superb, the margaritas are second to none, the salsa is amazing (been trying to copy this recipe for years), and the atmosphere is one that makes you feel like you're among friends...because you are. This is, without question, our favorite place to eat in Lexington.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Not fancy, but consistently good food at the local favorite. Try the top shelf margarita for a real treat. It's the best in town. In winter they sell vats and vats of their chicken soup. This is a favorite spot for all the local horsemen-from owners to grooms. You may even see a celebrity or two here if you look carefully.