Review Highlights

Reviewed 4 days ago
Bella-Keegan
Lexington, Kentucky
via mobile
Don’t do this alone unless you’ve been here

Reviewed October 6, 2018

from $40.00
from $38.00
from $15.00
More Info
All reviews kentucky river red trail hiking trails nice hike great hiking well marked trails trail map wild flowers double stroller mile loop beautiful scenery beautiful area visitor center lexington area muddy wildlife deer
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

This was a solo trip. I had never visited here. I stopped at the visitirs center and was greeted by a very nice, very informative guide. There are a few different trail all whick meet back together. The trails themselves are arranged from a very easy beginners trail, to a gradually more advanced trails. You can hike one particular outlook trail with a beautiful outlook of the Kentucky river. Personally I could spend all day here and love it. A nature sanctuary you'd never get tired of and well maintained. Highly recommend.

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

I was really looking forward to exploring the trails here but the map and markings made it difficult to follow. When coming to several forks/splits it was confusing when the road or wood pieces ended. Some trails had roads but if copperheads live here it’s not something you want to do alone. I think more signs to help guide you to certain views, creeks, 2 step waterfall, deer sightseeing or river would be helpful to tourist traveling from out of state. My next trip here I plan to come with more people so I can really enjoy the views

Reviewed September 8, 2018

We've been in the Spring when the wild flowers are blooming and it is just plain gorgeous! Beautiful place to hike around and take in nature.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

Get the family out and take a walk - well marked trails, lots of variety - hard enough to break a sweat but not to kill you or the kids - very good.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

If you plan on visiting Lexington Kentucky make it a point to visit the Raven Run Nature Sanctuary and education center. Check their website for activities and events including but not limited to an evening out with a local Stargazing club for in depth look into our milky way. There are numerous trails for hiking and a wonderful visitor center to visit as well.

1  Thank Roger L
Reviewed July 13, 2018

This place is great due to its accessibility from Lexington. The trails are well-maintained but also still have a rugged feel to them. I come here to do trail running, and there is a perfect 4-mile loop (the red trail) that takes me about an hour. It's also a great place to just get out of town for a while, and take the scenic stroll to the Kentucky River overlook. Look for wildflowers in the spring, and lots of great Nature programs for kids and people interested in learning about Kentucky wildlife!

Reviewed July 11, 2018

My husband and I hike here often. I would call it easy to moderate as far as level of difficulty. I just wish dogs were allowed on the trails.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

Several miles of hiking on the Kentucky river palisades. Beautiful overlooks. Moderately challenging. Wonderful welcome center.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

I have been to Raven Run many times over 20 years, and it has evolved into a wonderful place to hike, attend a nature program, or have a family picnic. The trails are in great shape and very well marked. However, they are natural trails--there are lots of rock and uneven terrain, so the long trail (the red trail) is not suitable for small children. This natural treasure is very popular, so expect parking to be tight or even full if you don't arrive early after opening on the weekends. The bathrooms in the nature center are often without toilet paper, so be sure to bring your own! Banning smoking on the trails would get them a 5-star review from me!

2  Thank NCLexington
Reviewed June 15, 2018

This is a beautiful spot with a lot of easy paths. It is not huge but it would be a great area for a stroll