“5 words” 5 of 5 bubbles

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“5 words”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Awesomest Racetrack In The World.
Just like that.

Fell in love with The Red Mile after it was on my bucketlist for waaaayyyyy too long.
A Racetrack How A Racetrack Should Be.
Close to the horses.
It feels like being in the good ole days.
Charming restaurant filled with smoke where it is easy to get fat. Love it.
Best Racing In The World. They are all there, right in front of you.

Never change into these casino-type of tracks, Red Mile. Though i know you will have to adept to survive.
I love you.

720 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 513 helpful votes
“Another Lexington Track”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is the place for trotters in Lexington. The scheduled races are infrequent but enjoyable. Don't be surprised by the place -- it is not Keeneland or Churchill Downs. Badly in need of renovation, the grandstand and club levels are only above average. Harness racing is not thoroughbred racing. It is a very different sport with a different crowd both on the track and in the stands. Go for the races, not the ambience. Betting is encouraged but tricky because there is not much information about the horses.

Visited April 2014
chicago
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“long overdue review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

we made it a point to visit the Red Mile on a trip to Lexington last september...we went on a thursday night..and exprienced their "dollar hot dog dollar beer night"....i dont know if you ever been to a "dollar hot dog dollar beer night"..but the dogs are usually cold and the beers are hot..NOT HERE...their dogs were cooked on a outdoor grill and had all the trimmings there for you to add....i had to have 4 ...it was a beautiful night of first class harness racing...yes..the facility might need some work...but most race tracks these days do! I would love to visit again

Visited September 2013
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“First Time Visiting-Enjoyed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Been to several other locations but never here. We got there early after traveling over 5 hours (about an hour before actual event). The doors was opened and we enjoyed walking in the stands, finding bathrooms, etc. At 6:30 we went back out and stood where you could purchase tickets.I stood behind a man paying and before I could speak the lady rudely said go ahead and get your hand stamped since you didn't pay. Really lady!!! What do you think I was standing in front of you? I told her quickly that I was there buying tickets ($4.00) great price and then I would get my hand stamped. (First Impression F-)

Thoroughly enjoyed the event. The bathrooms was very clean and when there was a malfunction in one area the lady working maintenance walked with me to show me another location (A+). Food was good and about the same price as other locations. We enjoyed the box seats and again the staff very friendly (ladies cleaned seats before you seating down). Awesome! Loved the action screen in front of the stadium and announcers did a great job.

Updates need to be made to stadium/facilities.The gift shop was over priced, I always purchase from other locations (just a hat here). All the races was good (Go Captain Treacherous) and program nice. Will be making the trip again next year.

Love the sport-never wager. Some people travel to these locations for the love of horses (remember that).

Visited September 2013
Spring Hill
“Red Mile”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had fun while at the Red Mile Race Track; however, the facilities are very much outdated. The new owners look like they are not trying to keep or attrack new customers. I was surprised that there were no races on Friday night when we arrive and that they have a college night on Thursday where the of age students can get discounted admission, beer and food, but there was no mention of a family night. I love going to the various tracks that have harness racing but this was by far one of the worse experiences ini a while. It is a beautiful Lexington attraction and a shame it is not being kept up and trying to generate additional business. I love visiting Lexington.

Visited August 2013