“long overdue review”
Review of The Red Mile

The Red Mile
Ranked #25 of 125 things to do in Lexington
Reviewed April 6, 2014

we made it a point to visit the Red Mile on a trip to Lexington last september...we went on a thursday night..and exprienced their "dollar hot dog dollar beer night"....i dont know if you ever been to a "dollar hot dog dollar beer night"..but the dogs are usually cold and the beers are hot..NOT HERE...their dogs were cooked on a outdoor grill and had all the trimmings there for you to add....i had to have 4 ...it was a beautiful night of first class harness racing...yes..the facility might need some work...but most race tracks these days do! I would love to visit again

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Been to several other locations but never here. We got there early after traveling over 5 hours (about an hour before actual event). The doors was opened and we enjoyed walking in the stands, finding bathrooms, etc. At 6:30 we went back out and stood where you could purchase tickets.I stood behind a man paying and before I could speak the lady rudely said go ahead and get your hand stamped since you didn't pay. Really lady!!! What do you think I was standing in front of you? I told her quickly that I was there buying tickets ($4.00) great price and then I would get my hand stamped. (First Impression F-)

Thoroughly enjoyed the event. The bathrooms was very clean and when there was a malfunction in one area the lady working maintenance walked with me to show me another location (A+). Food was good and about the same price as other locations. We enjoyed the box seats and again the staff very friendly (ladies cleaned seats before you seating down). Awesome! Loved the action screen in front of the stadium and announcers did a great job.

Updates need to be made to stadium/facilities.The gift shop was over priced, I always purchase from other locations (just a hat here). All the races was good (Go Captain Treacherous) and program nice. Will be making the trip again next year.

Love the sport-never wager. Some people travel to these locations for the love of horses (remember that).

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had fun while at the Red Mile Race Track; however, the facilities are very much outdated. The new owners look like they are not trying to keep or attrack new customers. I was surprised that there were no races on Friday night when we arrive and that they have a college night on Thursday where the of age students can get discounted admission, beer and food, but there was no mention of a family night. I love going to the various tracks that have harness racing but this was by far one of the worse experiences ini a while. It is a beautiful Lexington attraction and a shame it is not being kept up and trying to generate additional business. I love visiting Lexington.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

visited with my family of four. we were disappointed to learn that there were no races this time of year. track and facility were in pretty rough shape but you could get very close to the track and paddock. we picniced there and took some pictures. we did not go inside.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have been to the Red Mile during live racing season and when they boarded race horses, which they don't do either anymore. Also have been there for the Junior League Horse Show, which I highly recommend everybody go in early July. Some of the world's most beautiful horses are there and unless it rains, it is always a wonderful evening. Watching the people is almost as entertaining as the horses! Anyway, I have heard a rumor that the race course will be going soon, as the historic Tattersalls horse auctions next door is now ugly looking apartments. They were both owned by the same corporation. So to catch a final bit of Lexington history, better go while you can....