“Fantastic food; atrocious service”
Review of Sabio at Dudley Square - CLOSED

Sabio at Dudley Square
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We just ate at Sabio with friends (a table of eight of us). We were looking forward to a great meal to celebrate two birthdays. The short of it -- the food was fabulous, the chairs were very uncomfortable and the service was atrocious!

We were the only table inside (although the patio was relatively full) so I don't think they were overtaxed. There seemed to be sufficient wait-staff, if only they'd given a damn about serving us. I wish that I could single out something in the service area that could be addressed and fixed by management, but frankly the service was so bad that I can only recommend a wholesale replacement of the staff. That, plus replacing the chairs with something that could be sat in comfortably for an extended period (none of us ordered dessert because we were so anxious to get out of the chairs), might get us to try it again. But as it stands we will not be returning -- sad, because it was some of the best food in Lexington.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My Wife and I went to the restaurant without a reservation. We understand that we may have to wait. The tables were empty. We were told at least an hour and a half. We went to the bar. It was almost empty. The bar tender told us it would be several minutes before she could take our order, and went back to talking to her friend. We waited five minutes and left. We had a drink around the corner. We left a phone number with front desk that took our reservation, never received a call.This restaurant came highly recommeded by the friends we were visiting. Sorry, we have no experience pertaining to the food and drink to share.

2  Thank Stevedelaroche
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Great food and atmosphere. Beet salad and scallops were outstanding. Halibut was good not great. Service friendly but a little slow. Definitely worth a return visit.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Fantastic halibut- perfectly cooked and spanking fresh, with an array of additions that sounded a bit unusual but combined to make one flavorful, delicious mouthful after another- left one of us so full that we could only barely finish the sublime strawberry martini (named for the glass, not the drink). The other of us powered through a perfectly cooked, juicy, savory filet mignon with a sauce that brought traditional sides of asparagus and potato croquette to new heights, but only made it halfway through the lovely big serving of tiramisu before having to down forks. Service was perfect, including the timing. Can't wait to go back, especially to sit out on the terrace on a soft evening.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had a great Mother's Day Dinner at Sabio's. Not only was the food and service excellent, but enjoyed the ambiance of the wonderful old building. I had the Gnocchi Shrimp and my husband had the Duck; both were cooked to perfection. Our waiter was very attentive, but not "hovering. My spouse had the chocolate fondant for dessert and I had the white chocolate cheesecake. The cheesecake was not the usual cheesecake; it had a pleasing texture and a flavorful sauce. It was the perfect end to a great meal.

1  Thank kyred100