“Great atmosphere and good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sabio at Dudley Square - CLOSED

Sabio at Dudley Square
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Great atmosphere and good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Great food and atmosphere. Beet salad and scallops were outstanding. Halibut was good not great. Service friendly but a little slow. Definitely worth a return visit.

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great addition to Lex restaurant scene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Fantastic halibut- perfectly cooked and spanking fresh, with an array of additions that sounded a bit unusual but combined to make one flavorful, delicious mouthful after another- left one of us so full that we could only barely finish the sublime strawberry martini (named for the glass, not the drink). The other of us powered through a perfectly cooked, juicy, savory filet mignon with a sauce that brought traditional sides of asparagus and potato croquette to new heights, but only made it halfway through the lovely big serving of tiramisu before having to down forks. Service was perfect, including the timing. Can't wait to go back, especially to sit out on the terrace on a soft evening.

Richmond, Kentucky
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had a great Mother's Day Dinner at Sabio's. Not only was the food and service excellent, but enjoyed the ambiance of the wonderful old building. I had the Gnocchi Shrimp and my husband had the Duck; both were cooked to perfection. Our waiter was very attentive, but not "hovering. My spouse had the chocolate fondant for dessert and I had the white chocolate cheesecake. The cheesecake was not the usual cheesecake; it had a pleasing texture and a flavorful sauce. It was the perfect end to a great meal.

1 Thank kyred100
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, United States
“Can't wait to take my husband”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Six of us girls went out to dinner for our monthly night out to an upscale restaurant. We were not disappointed. We opted to get salads instead of appetizers, and I am so glad! I got the Sabio salad which had purple onions, strawberries, greens and poppy seed dressing--the best salad I have ever eaten. My friends enjoyed the fried green tomato salad and wedge salads they got. All our entrees were very good and we all got a variety and shared. From the fish, scallops, filet mignon, to the chicken marsala, duck, and shrimp gnocchi. Everyone said their wine was also very tasty. We were full, but the dessert menu looked too good to pass up. We all shared some homemade peanut butter ice cream, tiramisu, brownie with ice cream and my favorite--my strawberry martini. No alcohol involved, but it was served in a martini glass. Vanilla ice cream, strawberries with balsamic glaze and crushed almonds--amazing!! Our server was very good and the local art on the walls was very aesthetically pleasing. The only negative was maybe the acoustics of the room. It was pretty loud and hard to hear each other talking somewhat. Can't wait to take my husband.

• Visited April 2013
lexington, ky
“Wonderful meal, mediocre service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Food was fantastic! Filet was cooked to perfection! Nice atmosphere. Our server seemed a bit distracted and didn't come around much but the food is why I will definitely come back!