“Great food, location, service, and atmosphere!”
Review of Sabio at Dudley Square - CLOSED

Sabio at Dudley Square
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The patio here is outstanding, but it was cool outside, so we ate indoors. We were greeted promptly. My friend ordered the shrimp and grits, while I had the pasta, with shrimp and asparagus. Both were excellent. We will definitely return!

3  Thank Dwalling
There are newer reviews for Sabio at Dudley Square

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We visited Sabio at the recommendation of good friends. It's in the location previously occupied by long-time mainstay Dudley's, which had moved downtown. They did an excellent job of remodeling the facility, which is in an historic old elementary school. Things quickly headed downhill after we arrived when we found that the menu online and the menu being served were different. I had asked about this when making the reservation, because we had a similar disappointing experience at another restaurant two weeks earlier. I had been assured that they were the same. The dish my wife had planned to order was not available. She is allergic to most seafood and eats little red meat, so the already limited menu was quite limited. We brought this up and the manager addressed it very professionally and was attentive throughout the meal. However, the explanation of a new menu and the web master not being caught up didn't carry much weight with me. It's like rolling out a new product, but still having the brochures only for the previous model. Changing a menu on a web site is not difficult or time-consuming. We each ordered cocktails, which proved to be rather small, but quite expensive. I think it's a bit much to charge nearly $12 for a shot of a mid-grade Scotch in Lexington, KY. They brought two small pieces of bread, which was not anything special. My wife ordered Chardonnay Chicken and asked that it be served without the spinach and with gravy on the side. It was brought with spinach and with gravy on the meat and potatoes. The chicken was OK, but a bit bland. I ordered braised pork, which was very tender and flavorful. It came with asparagus and potatoes. Dinner, with two cocktails and two glasses of wine, came to $98 before tip. There are lots of places in Lexington with better food for $100. With adjustments, this could be a great restaurant. The location is good and the remodeling is really extremely well done. It needs some tweaking and price review. If they want to compete on the high end, they might visit Jonathan's - where it's done really well. Management seems very engaged and they've certainly invested enough to suggest they want this to be a top destination. Wish them well, because Lexington can always use another top-notch restaurant.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I've had dinner and lunch here and both times it was excellent. The wait staff was attentive, the food was excellent, the selection superb for Lexington, and the decor very tasteful. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Mark P
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Everything about our meal was perfect. The quality of the food was outstanding and our service was excellent. The best meal we have had in Lexington. Highly recommended.

3  Thank rbkmrosen
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This was our fourth visit so Sabio showed promise. Family was in town tonight and I wanted to take them someplace they hadn't been to before. Disaster would describe the night. Two had the sole special. The crab topping was so cold it chilled the whole dish. If the server had checked we would have sent them back but we were done by the time he showed up. Talked to the manager and he offered free deserts for the two bad dishes but no one had one. Bill came and no discounts. Add in that for the third bottle of wine the server poured my wife and I such a full pour that there was only a smidgen left for the rest of the table.

1  Thank ABZ60