“Perfect stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
St. Louis, MO
“Perfect stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting the Lexington, KY area. The hotel is in a great location close to lots of good restaurants and shopping options. It was convenient for jumping on the highway and visiting all the sights around the city. We booked a 2 bedroom/2 bath room, and this floor plan was awesome. Lots of space to spread out, and everything was extremely clean. The hotel was quiet, and I didn't hear any of our neighbors. The beds were comfy. We enjoyed breakfast in the dining area, and we were there during the week when they also have food available in the evening. One night they had a baked potato bar with toppings and nachos. All of the staff was helpful and pleasant. Next time I'm in Lexington, I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank TheresiaMO
Chris L, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington South/Hamburg Place, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words! I will certainly share with my staff. I am so glad you enjoyed your overall experience with us! We hope to accommodate you again in the future. Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback. Have a great week!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Very clean! Very very nice and helpful! I was there on business and would and already have recommended this hotel to my fellow colleagues ! We frequent the Lexington area .. I will definitely return to the Residence Inn Lexington South/ Hamburg Place

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate any and all guest feedback, and thank you for taking the time to provide such kind words for us. We'll see you again soon! Have a great week!
Lemont, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. Every employee I came in contact with was great. i had a couple of awesome restaurant recommendations and they all worked out great. Johhny Carinas was the place the lady at the front desk recommended and she was spot on.

I Will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Chris L, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington South/Hamburg Place, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review here on Trip Advisor. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay! I will certainly share your kind words with my staff. I'm glad they could point you in the right direction for dining options. Thank you again, and we hope to have you again soon!
Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in a studio suite featuring a king size bed. The room was fairly large with a small kitchen, a sitting area and the bedroom. There is no separation between the areas, so if you have small children who may sleep late while you get up for morning coffee, I would select the one bedroom suite. The hotel is in a nice area right off I-75 with lots of restaurants nearby. The room was clean and the bed was ok. The AC is right next to the bed and blows cold air on the person on that side of the bed. The bathroom is very functional with the commode and shower separated from the sink and mirror by a door. There is a small outside pool without a slide. The free breakfast is better than most, although they could use a second waffle maker. We were not able to make a waffle during the 20 minutes we were there as the one available was always busy. In addition, they could use a second elevator as the one they have is very busy with people checking out and the maids going up to the rooms.
The one major issue we had was they are a pet friendly hotel. We wanted a non pet room as my wife has very severe allergies. The first room they put us in (225) had obviously had a dog in it previously as my wife started sneezing within 15 minutes. When she went to the front desk to inquire about that, she was told that 225 was a non pet room. Within a half hour after that, she was totally stopped up, eyes watering. We went to the front desk again and seeing her discomfort, they moved us to 406. Fortunately, they had another room although the desk person told us they were almost full. If they had not had another room, we would have had to change hotels. For that reason, we would not take they risk again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barry H
Chris L, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington South/Hamburg Place, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your thorough review. Guest feedback is crucial to our success, and the details you listed in your review will certainly be used to help us better serve our guests in the future. I'm happy that you found some enjoyments in your stay, but at the same time truly apologize for some of the shortcomings you encountered while here. Although stated otherwise, I hope you will still consider us for your future travels to Lexington. If you contact me personally, I will assist in any way I can that you receive an allergen-free suite, and that you get that waffle in the morning. :) Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend and we hope to see you again!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Several times per year I meet my daughter, and son in law and grandson at this Residence Inn. Great hotel services including our treatment by George and Assistant Manager, Shanna at the Front Desk. Rooms were clean, well appointed and spacious. Once again, our loyalty to the Marriott system was appositive experience. There are good local dining spots in the area, providing a variety of tasty meal selections. Following our visit, Shanna checked with me to learn if our stay at the hotel went well. Good touch! Also, an email from Chris, General Manager following my response to Shanna was professional touch and appreciated by me.

Room Tip: Enjoy the breakfast, and eat lunches and dinners at Johnny Carino's and bd's Mongolian Grill...
Green Features: Grandson and I spent extended time walking the halls and climbing stairs for exercise and "child tiring." Very clean...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for the compliments! I really appreciate you taking the time to submit a review here on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and I will certainly let Shanna and George know that their service was recognized. I hope you continue to choose us for your future family trips to Lexington. Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend and hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I booked a two bedroom suite with a kitchenette. Probably could have done without the kitchenette, yet it did break up the room for a bit of environmental change. Staff was super nice, breakfast had plenty of options, rooms were clean and they were very well prepared.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review! Your kind words are truly appreciated. The staff always loves to hear positive feedback, so yours will make their day. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to accommodate you again in the future. Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had booked a 2-bedroom suite, which worked great for us - 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a shared living room. Perfect! As usual, the room was very cold for us Floridians (73F!) but the heating worked great. The beds were very comfortable, and the area was very quiet. There are lots of outlets for chargers, and the bathrooms were spacious enough, with good water pressure in the shower. We didn't really use the kitchen, except for the fridge, so can't comment on that.

Front desk staff was also very friendly (sorry, I don't remember names). The hotel is close to restaurants, and offered an abundant free breakfast, although there was only one waffle maker. This Residence Inn actually has real china for breakfast, as opposed to styrofoam plates and plastic utensils in most of Residence Inns we've stayed. Wifi worked great. I would recommend this hotel if you're in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Chris L, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington South/Hamburg Place, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I will be sure to share your wonderful review with my staff. Again, I'm happy we could meet your expectations, and hope to have you again soon! Thank you!