New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Residence Inn Lexington South/Hamburg Place
Ranked #20 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I booked a two bedroom suite with a kitchenette. Probably could have done without the kitchenette, yet it did break up the room for a bit of environmental change. Staff was super nice, breakfast had plenty of options, rooms were clean and they were very well prepared.

Stayed June 2014
Chris L, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington South/Hamburg Place, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review! Your kind words are truly appreciated. The staff always loves to hear positive feedback, so yours will make their day. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to accommodate you again in the future. Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had booked a 2-bedroom suite, which worked great for us - 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a shared living room. Perfect! As usual, the room was very cold for us Floridians (73F!) but the heating worked great. The beds were very comfortable, and the area was very quiet. There are lots of outlets for chargers, and the bathrooms were spacious enough, with good water pressure in the shower. We didn't really use the kitchen, except for the fridge, so can't comment on that.

Front desk staff was also very friendly (sorry, I don't remember names). The hotel is close to restaurants, and offered an abundant free breakfast, although there was only one waffle maker. This Residence Inn actually has real china for breakfast, as opposed to styrofoam plates and plastic utensils in most of Residence Inns we've stayed. Wifi worked great. I would recommend this hotel if you're in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris L, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington South/Hamburg Place, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I will be sure to share your wonderful review with my staff. Again, I'm happy we could meet your expectations, and hope to have you again soon! Thank you!
Frankfort, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed there for 4 nights last week and I felt like I was at home. Shannon greeted us when we arrived and the whole staff was very kind and courteous. The kindness started before check-in when I had called to get my stay extended. They were originally booked but when they had a cancellation, they called me to see if I still wanted to come in early. Residence Inn is one of my favorite places to stay because of the apartment style and the food, but this was outstanding because of the staff!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor near the elevator and heard NO noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris L, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington South/Hamburg Place, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for a great review! I'm so glad you felt at home when away from home, as that is our goal. I will certainly share your review with my staff. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to provide such great feedback. Have a great week and hope to see you again soon!
West End, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I am a loyal Marriott rewards member, and choose Marriott's whenever possible, specifically Residence Inn's as I often travel with my three children. I want to tell you, from the of moment we arrived,our stay was excellent. Brandan at the front desk was to thank for our memorable stay. He welcomed us warmly and sincerely and was eager to make restaurant recommendations for us. He was full of in formation about the area and made it his goal to ensure me and my kids had wonderful stay. He brought us out a stack of towels while we were in the pool, without us even asking. Did I mention the coins? I was throwing a penny in the pool for my kids to search for...Brandon unselfishly reached in his pocket and threw in all his loose change as well! He went way above his call of duty,
As if that weren't enough, the next morning, when we went down for breakfast I stopped at the front desk to compliment Brandon. Assistant Shanna was working. My gosh, she was as pleasant and helpful as Brandon! She too went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed!
Of course the room, facilities were consistent with Residence Inn's around the country. The location was terrific for us because it was near a huge shopping and dining complex. The breakfast was excellent as well. I was so impressed with this particular Residence Inn, I made future reservations before I even checked out!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank so you so much for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay with us! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself! I will certainly share your kind words with Brandon and Shanna. I know it will make their day that they made yours. :) Again, thank you for your wonderful feedback. Have a great week and we'll see you the next time you're in Lexington!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

My business brings me to Lexington a few times a month, and this is by far the best place I have stayed. The rooms are always immaculately clean and I love how their sheets smell!! The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, and I have personally been greeted by their General Manager and he now goes out of his way to ensure that I have a great visit and that I can almost always get "my room". If you're in Lexington and you need a great place to spend the night, the week or the month make sure you stay here. Mr. Logsdon and his staff will take great care of you!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul F
Chris L, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington South/Hamburg Place, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for your review! Your kind words are much appreciated, and I will certainly share with my staff. Although staying here for work, I hope we can provide a sense of "home" while here. We'll see you on your next business trip! Have a great weekend and thanks again!
louisville, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and I checked into the hotel for a small weekend getaway(from the kids) and George behind the desk was very helpful. He noticed that my wife was VERY much pregnant and offered a ground level room and asked if she needed extra pillows or blankets. I thought that was a very nice touch. The rooms were your typical rooms, but very clean non the less.

Besides George and other staff members being king, the location was perfect! Their are endless eating and shopping within a mile or so from the hotel. Though it will be awhile before we get another wkend getaway, we will be sure to come back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay, and I will let George know how appreciative you and your wife are of his gesture. Have a great weekend and hope to see you again on your next getaway (from the kids)! :)
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I travel a lot in my career and every time I travel to the Lexington Kentucky area and my first choice for a place to stay is the Residence Inn at Hamburg. Not only is the hotel clean and welcoming but the staff make you feel like family. Every time I stay there they make me feel as if I am coming home. The amenities are great. If you want an early morning workout or an evening of relaxing pool side they have it all. After a long day you can fall into their very comfortable beds (the beds are amazing) and just relax. In the morning you are always greeted with an amazing breakfast spread and the nicest staff. I highly recommend that if you are traveling through this area, you make the Residence Inn at Hamburg your first choice as well!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. You could honestly sleep in any room and have a great night of rest.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the kind words! It means a lot to us, and I will certainly share with my staff. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay here, and hope you continue to choose us when traveling to Lexington. Have a great weekend and hope to have you again soon!