“Great place to stay”

Residence Inn Lexington South/Hamburg Place
Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had a two bedroom suite and it was excellent for all of us! The living room/kitchen space was comfortable and equipped with everything we needed. The housekeeping service was excellent and actually loaded the dirty dishes into the dishwasher every day - not expected. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful.
The breakfast is probably the best I've had in any hotel chain. There are a lot of choices and they vary the items offered every day.
The gym is small but it does the job - they could offer alcohol wipes for cleaning the machines before and after your workout.
You are close to a number of restaurants and the largest alcohol store I've every seen. We would definitely stay here again if we find ourselves in the area again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 26, 2012

They do aim to please. As a Marriott Platinum premier member I have high expectations from hotels. This property aims to exceed all expectations. Clean and comfortable. Great area with plenty of restaurants and shopping near by

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Perfect place for family. Stayed in a 2-bedroom suite.
Tons of restaurants and shopping nearby.
Comfortable room, although a remodel wouldn't hurt.
Tiny gym.
Ultra-slow Internet. I'd rather pay and get faster Internet.

Only one handicap parking spot.

Within 15 minutes drive to most Lexington sites.

Alalalalalallalallallallalallaa

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is awesome! I stay there at least three weeks every year. The rooms are renovated often and the breakfast is great. Appliances always work and the rooms are very clean. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Erika K
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very pleasant and helpful staff. My wife and I have stayed in several Residece Inns before, and we were disappointed in the lack of care given to this facility. It needs updating.
The prior Inns we have stayed in, offered free beer and wine with there lite supper on Tues. and Wed., but we were informed that we had to pay for our drinks at this Residence. A minor disappointment, and not expected. The breakfast was very good and all of the staff, desk, kitchen, and housekeeping were excellent.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bb2801
Reviewed October 1, 2012

A friend of mine and I stayed for 8 nights in a two bedroom suite, while visiting with old college friends. I can't say enough about how great this place was - the helpful staff, the good breakfasts, the service in the room, etc. It was VERY roomy - we felt like we were renting an apartment. We had our privacy, but could also relax together in living room and chat. It was extremely quiet - even when overflowing on the weekend. The beds were awesome. TVs in each room. I was able to use the gym each morning and the easily did my laundry one evening. The staff answered questions and provided assistance immediately as needed. There is huge grocery store across the street, as well as multiple restaurants right down the street. Everything about this place was first rate - will always stay here in the future!

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor - but easiest in and out would be from the 2nd floor - this is ground level...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Suzy_Florida08
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here for one night while we were in town for a wedding - my husband had planned to return to the hotel for the night but ended up staying all night at the bachelor party with his friends. This is an excellent property - convenient to many shops/restaurants, the front desk staff was courteous and attentive, the room was very clean and spacious (LOVE the kitchenette - very modern design!), and the bed was super comfortable. Breakfast was decent, standard fare as in most hotels. My only concern was that I was on the ground floor, in an end room very close to the exterior entrance, and the exterior door DID NOT LOCK - front desk said they were "waiting for a part to come in" but were watching it closely. It unnerved me quite a bit to sleep alone in a room, knowing anyone could walk in off the street and into my hallway... I slept fitfully that night. Thankfully nothing happened. I will certainly recommend this property, but management, please secure your facility at all times for guests' sake!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends