Candlewood Suites Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 08/04
$85
CandlewoodSuites
Clarion Hotel Conference Center North(Lexington)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 08/05
$138
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 08/03
Hyatt.com
$98
$93
Priceline
All reviewsfull kitchentwo bedroom suitefront deskfire pitwednesday eveninggreat hotelshopping and restaurantshome away from homesmall kitchenpull out bedbasketball courtfelt like homenice jobliving areapet feesafe areafresh fruit
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Family stayed here 1 night headed north to a family reunion. Arrived around 7:00 PM, took a few minutes to check-in, received no acknowledgement of being a very busy Marriott Rewards member.

Hotel is older but has received the face-lift that all older Residence Inns received 2 to 3 years ago. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was very good. Outside room noise was non-existent but the AC was loud when it kicked on. The heating and cooling system is one thing that the face-lifts usually do not address.

The shower was very poor because it would not disengage from shower mode.....a rubber washer of some kind fell out. The water pressure/spray for the shower was then not very strong and you could not convert the water back into the ability to take a bath which the wife loves to do. I called the front desk and they only had one room available to move us (usually not much of a room) and it was on a lower floor so we dealt with it. I did ask a couple times for the employee to put in a work order and, hopefully, he did so the next family would not have to deal with the issue.

Not a bad stay but we usually have nothing but excellent stays at Marriott properties and this wasn't one of them. If I had the choice the rating would be good, not very good. But the stay was better than average.

Room Tip: Upper floor, away from roadway.
3  Thank abcjjl
Reviewed July 10, 2012

After a disasterous attempt to rent a house on vacation, our extended family wound up moving into the hotel for a week. The hotel was located perfectly for getting out and about around Lexington - within minutes of I-75, New Circle Road, and Man o' War Blvd.

Each morning I ate a better breakfast than I'd make for myself at home, usually having a full waffle, lots of milk, and either bagels or french toast.

The staff, from management down to the cleaning staff were all excellent, friendly, responsive, and conscientious of what was going on in the hotel.

The beds were average hotel beds, but I slept well enough...

The hotel was pet friendly, and our dog did excellent in the facility.

The pool was great. My only wish was that the pool would be smoke free.

We will definately be staying at this hotel again!

1  Thank IndianaPriest
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We found this hotel after our vacation rental ended up with no AC. Our entire experience was enjoyable. The rooms were very clean and well laid out for me, my husband and our two little ones and our dog. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was perfect for us. The cleaning staff worked with us to clean when we took our dog out, they are very pet-friendly. Breakfast every morning included eggs, waffles, french toast, oatmeal, etc., much more than a continental breakfast. The pool area was very nice and they have a grill area too. We tried to use the grill one night but were told another guest had broken it so the manager offered to buy us pizza. What great service! I HIGHLY recommend this hotel if you are in the Lexington area. The location is great too, near lots of shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: Call the hotel or go to their website for better rates, they were lower than the travel websites.
1  Thank Indytraveller033
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My wife, 20-month old son and I stayed here for one night on our way to the Smoky Mountains. We had a two-room suite, which was helpful since we were traveling with a toddler. The full sized fridge was very helpful as it allowed us to store food we were taking for our toddler and our week in the Smokies.

The breakfast was fine enough. It had the basics (e.g. eggs, waffles, yogurt, cereal, coffee, etc.).

The hotel is near plenty of shopping, restaurants and a grocery store.

Overall the experience was great.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NibblesAndBookbag
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel was adequate for a 1 night stop over on the road. The things that were good were the breakfast selection and area: Well stocked, clean, staff helpful. The room was clean and very large. We had a 1 king bed,1 room suite. The hotel colors were cheerful and bright. It was a very pleasant place to be.
The weird things were that the front desk clerk when we arrived would not look up our Marriott rewards points number, which I didn't have with me. She said to call when we get home to record the visit. There was no one waiting to check in after us.
There was a very strong chemical cleaning smell in the hallway of our floor (3) that made me cough each time I was in the hall. There was a filled candy dish and a bad silk flower arrangement on the coffee table that made us feel kind of like we were using a room at a relative's house for the night instead of an international chain hotel. They were probably trying to make it feel homey, but it was weird for a Marriott.
The a/c heater under the window was loud.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family