WINNER WONDERLAND

“Just amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coles 735 Main

Coles 735 Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Coles 735 Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 867 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Ashland
Description: Showcasing an inspired mix of eclectic fine dining and familiar Southern consciousness, Coles 735 Main brings a playful sense of variety to Lexington’s dining scene. Lexington Kentucky-born Executive Chef Cole Arimes presents a menu of reinvented American classics, global flavors, and rustic artisan dishes. Set in a tastefully refinished historic landmark in downtown Lexington, Coles 735 Main offers a warm, relaxing atmosphere – ideal for romantic fine dining or spirited get-togethers at the inviting indoor bar and outdoor gazebo.
Condicote
“Just amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

On my visit from England my Uncle booked a table at this beautifully tucked away location in Lexington. The food was exquisite, I have the beef shoulder tender, it really was cooked to perfection. Our whole meal was waited on by a funny, polite and amusing waiter who shared anecdotes with us and made sure we had everything. Every member of staff went the extra mile to ensure everyone was comfortable and happy, including the owner and Chef who came out and sat by me to talk me through his famous key lime pie recipe. I speak for myself and my auntie, uncle and cousin that Coles is a beautiful restaurant that serves fantastic food and the customer service is just outstanding. I wish I could visit all the time. Needless to say, the next time I'm in Kentucky I will definitely be booking a table. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank AMayW123

Kingston Springs, Tennessee
1,088 restaurant reviews
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

My dining experience here this evening was excellent from greeting to farewell. The decor is tastefully colorful. One wall in the main dining area is couch-like with throw pillows. Large menu has great choices. I started with a grilled Caesar salad, loaded with shaved parmesan cheese. My entree was tuna, done to perfection. The dessert special tonight was a butterscotch pudding and special it was. Service is very good. Prices are what you expect at an eatery of this caliber. I look forward to a return visit.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank 4bird1
Edisto Island, South Carolina
“A Delightful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

For our last night in Lexington, we made reservations to go to Coles after reading reviews at Tripadvisor. Were we EVER glad we did! From the delicious appetizers (Panko crusted avocado with crab to baked brie) to the unbelievably delicious and well prepared entrees, to delicious, made in house desserts, the food was outstanding. The food was absolutely delicious all the way around from Scottish salmon to NY Strip to the Seafood medley. And the desserts were heavenly.

The décor at Coles 735 was so whimsical, fun, and just plain cool. It was the perfect place for our last night in town. What a wonderful place. Oh, and I would be remiss if I did not mention the OUTSTANDING service there.

If you get to Lexington, this is a place not to be missed!

Visited July 2014
4 Thank AmyinSC
richmond va
“Great meal, service, and surroundings~”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had a terrific time at this delightful place - if you order the so-unusual fried avocado w/crabmeat, we recommend you share it. Love the salads and entrees, the fun antique and funky decor, service was terrific: our server Laura couldn't be improved on, but there are so many efficient servers coming and going constantly that it all runs flawlessly. A terrific find - thank you, TA!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank RichmondVaJass
Lexington, Kentucky
“Tops in Lexington”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed an anniversary dinner here recently. Everything in everyway was spectacular. The service was great without being excessive. All parts of the dinner were prepared to perfection. Coles is one of the top three spots in Lexington to enjoy a dinner that will wow you. The panko fried avocado with crab is one of the best items I have ever eaten. The salmon and tuna entrees are wonderful. This restaurant would stand tall in any city

• Visited June 2014