“Outstanding....clearly Lexington's best!”
Review of Coles 735 Main

Coles 735 Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Coles 735 Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 930 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Japanese, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Ashland
Description: Showcasing an inspired mix of eclectic fine dining and familiar Southern consciousness, Coles 735 Main brings a playful sense of variety to Lexington’s dining scene. Lexington Kentucky-born Executive Chef Cole Arimes presents a menu of reinvented American classics, global flavors, and rustic artisan dishes. Set in a tastefully refinished historic landmark in downtown Lexington, Coles 735 Main offers a warm, relaxing atmosphere – ideal for romantic fine dining or spirited get-togethers at the inviting indoor bar and outdoor gazebo.
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Incredible food, impeccable service and they really handle all the little details to make dinner truly special. The only area needing improvement is their bread--it is average--but everything else is so good it doesn't matter. The best of Lexington and take note this place could be dropped in any city USA and still be a "star".

1  Thank KentuckyGlobetrotter
There are newer reviews for Coles 735 Main

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We had the most wonderful meal with the tuna entree' that simply melted in your mouth and cooked to perfection. Along with some crafty artisan styled martini's and a luscious dessert it was a great dining experience. And the bar fireplace and cozy little area was inviting for an intimate dining experience on a cold snowy evening. Hooray for Adam and Andrea taking care of us that evening.

2  Thank CiciPjt
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Went to Coles tonight for dinner after recommendation from a co-worker. Brian, our server, was very friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. We had the Panko fried stuffed avocado for an appetizer (a must try). They have a very extensive wine list and a decent, but very nice craft beer list. My girlfriend had the beef shoulder which was excellent and I had the NY strip which was also excellent. Everything on the plate had a ton of flavor and was cooked to perfection. My steak was 14oz and was really thick, but was still managed to be cooked to a perfect medium and had hardly any fat. We shared a side of Mac n cheese which was much bigger than I expected and was also delicious. Long story short, this restaurant is absolutely phenomenal. Our bill was extremely high, but it's certainly worth spoiling yourself here occasionally (they also offer a less expensive bar bites menu which is more affordable and also looked really good). I will definitely be back to Coles and will recommend it to friends. Quite a great dining experience and one of the very best steaks I've ever had anywhere.

1  Thank Dustin T
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Husband and I had a midweek dinner. Service is spot on, food is fabulous, and ambiance is just what we were looking for. Started with panko fried avocado with crab salad stuffing. Delicious. Then we both enjoyed a salad; wedge for me, grilled Caesar for my hubby. Beef for my husband and I had the warm brussel sprout and bacon salad as my entree. Everything was great.

1  Thank lexingtongal
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I went with a large group for a business dinner. We tried almost all the appetizers, all of which were great. The stand outs were the duck fat fries (ask for the separate bar menu), and the fried avocado. For my entrée, I had theshrimp and grits. This dish is on a whwhole other level. It's amazing. My only regret is that I had hardly any room for dessert. I had the Bourbon ball flour less chocolate cake. It had a Bourbon ice cream on a Bourbon chocolate cake. It was far and away the best of all the desserts ordered at our table. The wait staff was great. Our server, Ben, was helpful, extremely accommodating, and funny to top it all off. I would definitely come here again.

3  Thank Mia K