“Loved it!”
Review of Explorium

Explorium
Ranked #51 of 122 things to do in Lexington
More attraction details
Owner description: Here's a museum where you can touch and play with everything! Explorium of Lexington is a fun and dynamic hands-on learning environment that inspires imagination and curiosity for kids of all ages. Open Tuesday - Saturday from 10AM to 5PM and Sundays from 1 to 5PM. Open Mondays from Memorial Day - Labor Day 10-5. Admission is $8 per person.
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We almost missed out on this because of some of the reviews I read, I'm glad I decided to give it a go. From my adult perspective, it did not seem like much, but I made myself view it from my son's eyes. I know that his reaction is going to mirror mine. I do understand how older kids wouldn't enjoy it so much, but IT IS children's museum. My 7 year old is already begging to go back!

About things being broken, I witnessed with my own eyes how some parents blame it on the location when it's actually their fault their kids don't follow the rules and "play nicely" with other people's belongings. All in all, there were 3 exhibits not operational and there were maintenance people there working on those things. Cleanliness, ok, some things were "dirty," but from a normal day's play. They have hand sanitizer in MANY locations. He loved it, we'll be going back when we are near Lexington again in the future.

An added bonus, the staff there was EXTREMELY friendly. When we arrived the credit card machine was broken and I thought we'd have to find something else to do, because I just don't carry cash, at least not more than a couple bucks. They gave us stickers and said to go on in and they would find us when it was working again. At the end of our time we went to inquire if it was working and they took care of everything then. As I said, will DEFINITELY go back!

3  Thank TammieAnn
There are newer reviews for Explorium

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

We visited for something to do when it rained. We were really disappointed. The water tables needed more water, and most of the attractions were broken or missing things. The entire leave could use a good cleaning. We went to the science center in Columbus, OH and maybe we were spoiled by that, but this wasn't worth the money.

3  Thank Michael P
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Just returned from our first visit to the Explorium with our 3 and 5 year olds. Overall, we were not impressed. Many of the exhibits were either closed for 'maintenance', missing needed items/toys to complete the activity or had broken items. It is also very small and can be completed in an hour -- even my 5 year old mentioned how small it was and how few things there were to do. School aged children were unsupervised by school chaperones and there were no employees to monitor inappropriate behavior. Overall, everything seemed dirty and worn. We won't be returning.

4  Thank EmilyGrant
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I took my 3-year-old niece there, and she loved it. She visited each "exhibit" several times and would have stayed for hours. It could use a little upkeep, but she enjoyed it. I wouldn't recommend for kids over 7 or 8.

1  Thank KGs_LaLa
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Took my two kids here and the 3 year old liked it but my six year old was bored. I was not very impressed with it because it seemed to be lacking proper upkeep. Not much for older kids to do and there isn't any real staff members to keep people from running around. Several teenagers pushed the smaller kids that we're trying to see the exhibits and no employees were around.

2  Thank Kain3526