“Not so great...expected better”
Review of Explorium

Explorium
Ranked #48 of 117 things to do in Lexington
More attraction details
Owner description: Here's a museum where you can touch and play with everything! Explorium of Lexington is a fun and dynamic hands-on learning environment that inspires imagination and curiosity for kids of all ages. Open Tuesday - Saturday from 10AM to 5PM and Sundays from 1 to 5PM. Open Mondays from Memorial Day - Labor Day 10-5. Admission is $8 per person.
Lancaster, Kentucky, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not so great...expected better”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

A LOT of the exhibits were broken which was a huge letdown. My 23 month old son loved the water table but it reeked of chlorine and had another funky smell that I couldn't identify. He has equally as much fun playing in puddles so suggesting that he was crazy about the water table doesn't say much. My 4 year old daughter was disappointed in the art room, which was incredibly messy (this was Fayette county's first day of school so it was dead all day, I'm sure), the shadow wall was a joke, as was the flight simulator, the toddler play area (more broken stuff), and the gift shop? Don't even get me started... It was all overly expensive junk. It needed a good cleaning (dust everywhere) and the whole place just smelled. I was scared to put any of the aprons or play clothes on my children because of the uncleanliness. Most of the exhibits for young children were just a huge disappointment. For $32, we got a little exercise chasing kids... That's all. I'm extremely disappointed. We made an hour-long trip just to visit the museum and will NEVER be back. We left in under an hour.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Heathermd83

New Richmond, Ohio
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Better then expected”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I took my 7 year old daughter in May. Having read the reviews I was not expecting much. Walking in it appeared small and worn out. My daughter however had a great time. We were there about 2 hours and would have stayed longer but they were closing for the day. It could stand some updating and some repairs but the kids seem to have a great time which is what counts.

Visited May 2013
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not impressed.”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Run down overall. Dirty & broken exhibits. Musty smelling water play. Foamy bubble room that wouldn't make bubbles. Took my 6 yr old daughter and 10 yr old son. Did not hold their attention. Done within an hour. Will not be back. Children's Museum in Cincinnati so much better in every way.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Stephanie B
Lafayette, Louisiana
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Took my two grandchildren there today.”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time! There are several things to do and kept my grandchildren well entertained. It was both fun and educational.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Don224
Richmond, Kentucky
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Awesome place for kids”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I took my kids here during their spring break. I have a 9 year old and a 3 year old. Both found things that really entertained them and kept them excited. They have tons of areas for kids to try things out. The museum is two levels. The 1st floor has more than the 2nd floor. The 1st floor is also more dedicated to smaller kids.

The only negative things I would have to say about the museum is that (1) if you don't know exactly where it is, it is easy to pass up. I passed it twice before i found it (2) if you are going to go, make sure to get there when they open up. After about an hour, a lot of kids starting showing up (3) if you have any kids older than 10, this musueum is probably not for them. My 9 year old was having fun, but I didn't have to necessarily drag him out of there when it was time to go.

Visited April 2013