“Meh. Showing its age.”
Review of Explorium

Explorium
Ranked #54 of 124 things to do in Lexington
More attraction details
Owner description: Here's a museum where you can touch and play with everything! Explorium of Lexington is a fun and dynamic hands-on learning environment that inspires imagination and curiosity for kids of all ages. Open Tuesday - Saturday from 10AM to 5PM and Sundays from 1 to 5PM. Open Mondays from Memorial Day - Labor Day 10-5. Admission is $8 per person.
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I took my wife and 3 1/2 yr old son here on a Saturday morning. It quickly became overcrowded. The exhibits are definitely showing their age and could use a serious cleaning. There is a room for making bubbles and the floor was very slippery and dangerous from all the soap soaking into the carpet. Staff seemed burnt out and overwhelmed at times, less than friendly. Victorian Square, where the Explorium is located, is a very odd building. Like some weird Disney-esque bizarre time warp. I don't think we'll go back there next time.

3  Thank GPIFAN

Reviewed August 7, 2012

With the help of a guide, the children studies the bones of various animals. Great kid friendly programming.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Major waste of money .... I went as a child when they had the heart exhibit etc., so I decided to take my child thinking that he would have a blast ..... WRONG !!!! The place looks extremely outdated and dirty .... The only thing my son found to be the least bit enjoyable were the two water exhibits down stairs and the bubble room upstairs. The bubble room looked dirty and had barely any water and or soap to make the bubbles. The price of admission is $ 8.00 per person no matter their age... I found this to be overpriced.... I really wish I had just saved my money and instead bought him a few new toys that he would have actually been able to enjoy for more than just a few minutes

2  Thank Lovedsc08
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The kids had an amazing time! I only hated the location of the museum. I need to take the kids again though.

Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

This place should either gut the inside & start over or they should close. ALL of the displays are old and worn out. The bubble room upstairs is gross and barely works, and it was the best part. Seriously, your kids will be dissapointed and you wint believe how much it costs. I would encourage the powers that runs this place to drive to Cincinnati to see what a children's museum is supposed to look like. I'm embarrassed this is the best Lex. has to offer. Perhaps our local government could set aside a few million and fix this place up right.

1  Thank 1nobleman1

Been to Explorium? Share your experiences!