“Not stellar”
Review of Malone's Palomar

Malone's Palomar
Reserve with OpenTable
Malone's Palomar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 949 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The best of Lexington. Malone's is Bluegrass Hospitality Group's original concept, Malone's is pleased to serve guests at three Lexington locations: Hamburg, Palomar and Lansdowne. Known for USDA Prime Beef, an extensive wine list and a relaxed atmosphere, Malone's is the perfect place for a business luncheon or family celebration. Enjoy a full service lunch or dinner, including rolled to order, fresh sushi from the Aqua sushi bar. Our diverse menu and over-the-top hospitality are sure to make Malone's your premiere dining destination.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I waited until I ate three times her before reviewing. Last night was the first time having sushi as an appetizer. It was decent. However, the presentation and preparation of dishes lack creativity and flair. For instance, I ordered a small filet and whipped potatoes. That is what I got. Not a sprig of parsley, not a small veggie spot, nada. Come on! For a $25 dinner, you cannot spend a few cents on presentation? My filet was good, the potatoes were so salty I could eat only a few bites. The bottomless lexingtonian salad looked liked something out of a bag from Kroger with a bland dressing.

On a previous visit, I had a jerk Mahi sandwich. The fish was overdone, the Mac and cheese was dull and flavorless. My husband's fish was also a bit dry. He had a side of broccoli which arrived steamed, with no seasonings. They could have added a small dish of herb butter or cheese sauce. All you could do was add salt and pepper.

The sides have no creativity at all. How about a potato gratin with a balsamic drizzle? Cauliflower with a pecan sauce, etc. no wonder veggies get a bad rap. Nobody cares bout making fresh, wonderful side dishes even in the peak of summer!

I will admit that the service has been great, friendly and professional, hence the added star. This restaurant reminds me of a place which started in 1970 and never evolved. Yawn.

1  Thank LLindaC

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My second time to Malones .... Food was Fantastic but this time the service was horrible!!! We had a party of 6 and even though the restaurant was very busy we were seated immediately. The atmosphere is very loud and hectic, but still enjoyable. We ordered the Blue Cheese and Apple Salad, Filets & Shrimp, Sushi, Parmesan Chicken with Linguini and Pasta from the children's menu. The salad was delicious and I'm so amazed that my favorite Sushi is from a restaurant in Kentucky! Both of our visits to Malones included the Filet Mignon which was excellent! (We're from Chicago, so we love our steaks) The service was very slow from the moment we sat down. We never saw our waiter once he made it over to take our order. I ordered the chicken and linguini and had to send it back because the linguini was cold. The chicken however, was cooked to perfection. The manager brought back my meal once heated properly and apologized for the error. That is when our waiter decided to take a break! If it wasn't for a busboy named Christian, we would have been buried under dirty dishes and empty glasses. We even had to ask him for our check!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Malone's is a little pricey, but the food is really good! They serve sushi - famous for their steaks and salads. If you're looking for a match in food, but easier on the wallet, sit on the Sal's side. Food is just as great (if not better) and cheaper to boot!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

First time at Malone's. Was recommended by friends, so my husband took me there for my birthday. Great atmosphere! Service was excellent. When we told them it was my birthday, I was given a free dessert of my choice! Meal was great! Terrific steak! We really enjoyed it, and will recommend to others. Their salad was very good too.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have eaten at Malones several times over the past few years and they have the best Prime Rib I have ever ate!! Its always consistantly perfect and tge service is fantastic!!