Review of Malone's Palomar

Malone's Palomar
Reserve with OpenTable
Malone's Palomar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 954 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The best of Lexington. Malone's is Bluegrass Hospitality Group's original concept, Malone's is pleased to serve guests at three Lexington locations: Hamburg, Palomar and Lansdowne. Known for USDA Prime Beef, an extensive wine list and a relaxed atmosphere, Malone's is the perfect place for a business luncheon or family celebration. Enjoy a full service lunch or dinner, including rolled to order, fresh sushi from the Aqua sushi bar. Our diverse menu and over-the-top hospitality are sure to make Malone's your premiere dining destination.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Best steak and salad in town!!! Always eat here when visiting lexington.
never had a bad meal or service.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I do not think that I have ever had an experience at a restaurant go from so bad to so good in one evening as this visit did. My wife and I were out for our anniversary dinner, we chose Malone's because we had eaten there several times on special occasions and food was always good.

We were seated promptly and our waiter, Jonathan was very attentive. Then the troubles began. A table of very loud and mostly intoxicated men were seated next to us. Usually not an issue, but we were out trying to have a nice quiet, semi-romantic anniversary dinner.

Our appetizers were brought out and were quite good. I had the oyesters on the half shell and my wife had the spinnach and artichoke dip (which I ate most of for her). We had both ordered the Lexington salad which was as good as ever.

When our entres arrived we were both very disappointed. My wife had ordered the Tenderloin Medallions, cooked medium and they were like two charcoal briquettes. I had ordered the Swordfish special on a bed of pasta, the Swordfish was good but the pasta was inedible. We brought this to Jonathan's attention and he sent over the manager, Mike. Mike was insistant on completly refiring our orders, even though I had eaten most of my Swordifsh.

While waiting for our meals to be returned, the table next to us got very loud and crude with their language (more on that later). The manager retuned to check in on us and we asked if we could be moved. He was more than gracious and found us a nice quiet spot to await our meal.

When our meal arrived, oh what a difference. My wife's Tenderloins were cooked to perfection and my Swordfish and pasta were probably the best meal I have had in a long time. While we were finishing up our dinner two of the gentlemen from the rowdy table came over and apologized for the way they acted and ended up picking up our dinner tab, even after I told them they did not have to do that.

With all that being said, we ended up having an amazing dinner. Special thanks to Mike Laile (manager) and Jonathan Willingham (waiter) for going above and beyond to ensure that we were happy. We will most definatly be going back.

1  Thank Jimmy M
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Food is superb. My prime steak was among the best I ever had, and my wife received a two-meal portion of chicken. Only negative was on this night the atmosphere seemed a bit harried. But it was no worry once our food arrived, which was in a very reasonable time.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Malone's has upscale food in a more casual atmosphere. The steaks are top notch. The staff was friendly and quickly accommodated our party of 12. Everything we tried - from appetizers to the bottomless salad to the main courses - were excellent. I will dine their again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our waitress Ria was a delight, a paragon of service, the highlight of the evening , which was good as the food she was given to serve was not up to her skills as a waitress. It was all beautifully prepared, presented, and came in copious quantity , if you value restaurants on portion seize and stylish if noisy surroundings you will think this place heaven if you think food has something to do with flavour and taste then it will disappoint . There were four of us and we had steak, and fish , calamari, tuna , a good cross section of the menu and it all was lacking in taste. It was Mall fare from industrial cooking, great if that's what you want and hunger has numbed your critical facilities.

Its industrial cooking for the masses.

1  Thank Adam S