“Brisket..YUM!”
Review of Brooks BBQ 2 - CLOSED

Brooks BBQ 2
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Barbecue restaurant serving hickory smoked pork, beef, whole chicken, boneless chicken breast, whole chicken wings and pork ribs. We also offer several sides including, mac & Cheese, baked and green beans, potato salad, cole slaw and Brooks' special slaw. Desserts include, bread pudding w/boubon sauce, lemon pie and other special day desserts.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brisket..YUM!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I were looking for one last BBQ place before heading home to Michigan.Thanks to spot on reviews this place was the right choice! The brisket, the sides, the hot sauce were all fantastic.Rich flavor, homemade. Excellent friendly service! Clean and quaint..off the path but don't let that fool you. This place is a gem!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank JKZee

Lexington
“Great hidden hole in the wall”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have eaten here a few times and it is always great food. The beef brisket is recommended as it is so tender and juicey plus the barbeque sauce is added at the table so you can have just the amount you want.
Great place to take children as they are always made welcome.
Only downside it is not open on a sunday and often we are in the neighbourhood for church on a sunday.
My recommendation is to visit early as if you go at the end of the night pickings are less as they are sold out!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank triotrois
Lexington, Kentucky
“Really good BBQ”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Brooks BBQ is close to my office but until recently I had never eaten there. It is a little bit of a hole in the wall looking place on the outside but is nice and clean on the inside. I was normally not a fan of slaw on my BBQ but here the hot slaw really compliments the meat and makes a nice sandwich. I have had the pulled pork and beef brisket sandwich and both have been great with the hot slaw on the sandwich. My only real complaint is that the sides are a little underwhelming. They offer plain or BBQ Lays or you can get traditional sides. I didn't think the potato salad was all that good and the green beans were just okay. Still, I keep coming back because the cue is so good.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank jandrews28
Lexington
“Lexington needs to learn about this gem”
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

For those who think Billy's is the best BBQ in town (was the ONLY for too long), you must drive out to East New Circle Rd and look for the red building that is Brooks'. This is some good smoked meat that's done right; at least by my Southern Standard. I eat BBQ often when traveling, lived in Tenn & Carolina; and I've eaten in the Muscle Shoals area where Brooks originated; and this is good stuff. I prefer pulled pork, theirs needs no sauce, & should be eaten with slaw - they have a very spicy-hot slaw in addition to traditional. It's all home made, meat smoked right on the premise. Flavors are tremendous - you'll want to use this place for catering or buy a pound to take home. Or eat there. Simple and clean. Very nice staff. Homey - and best BBQ meat in Lexington. Spread the word. I did.

1 Thank swhitelex
Lexington, Kentucky
“Good, no great BBQ”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I'm a BBQ snob, when you grow up in the meat business and love to cook (and smoke) as a hobby you get to be that way. The reason I am impressed was not only the pulled pork and ribs... it's because of the brisket (my nemesis). Cooking and getting great results with brisket is my judgement on how good a BBQ restaurant is, if they take it seriously. Pulled pork is forgiving, ribs as well to a certain extent, but good brisket requires attention to the details. This has become a regular spot for me to eat or go out and pick up. Prices are VERY reasonable condisering the quality and portion size. Thanks Brooks for a great spot for BBQ.

• Visited March 2012