“Lexington needs to learn about this gem”
Review of Brooks BBQ 2 - CLOSED

Brooks BBQ 2
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Barbecue restaurant serving hickory smoked pork, beef, whole chicken, boneless chicken breast, whole chicken wings and pork ribs. We also offer several sides including, mac & Cheese, baked and green beans, potato salad, cole slaw and Brooks' special slaw. Desserts include, bread pudding w/boubon sauce, lemon pie and other special day desserts.
Lexington
“Lexington needs to learn about this gem”
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

For those who think Billy's is the best BBQ in town (was the ONLY for too long), you must drive out to East New Circle Rd and look for the red building that is Brooks'. This is some good smoked meat that's done right; at least by my Southern Standard. I eat BBQ often when traveling, lived in Tenn & Carolina; and I've eaten in the Muscle Shoals area where Brooks originated; and this is good stuff. I prefer pulled pork, theirs needs no sauce, & should be eaten with slaw - they have a very spicy-hot slaw in addition to traditional. It's all home made, meat smoked right on the premise. Flavors are tremendous - you'll want to use this place for catering or buy a pound to take home. Or eat there. Simple and clean. Very nice staff. Homey - and best BBQ meat in Lexington. Spread the word. I did.

1 Thank swhitelex

Lexington, Kentucky
“Good, no great BBQ”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I'm a BBQ snob, when you grow up in the meat business and love to cook (and smoke) as a hobby you get to be that way. The reason I am impressed was not only the pulled pork and ribs... it's because of the brisket (my nemesis). Cooking and getting great results with brisket is my judgement on how good a BBQ restaurant is, if they take it seriously. Pulled pork is forgiving, ribs as well to a certain extent, but good brisket requires attention to the details. This has become a regular spot for me to eat or go out and pick up. Prices are VERY reasonable condisering the quality and portion size. Thanks Brooks for a great spot for BBQ.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank sclem_11
Lexington
“BBQ treat”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We ate here the other day for lunch. We had never tried Brooks BBQ 2, but bought a Groupon for it, and really liked the barbecue. My husband got the brisket with cole slaw and potato salad. The brisket was very good, and the cole slaw and potato salad appeared to be home made. I had the 1/4 chicken with baked beans and mac and cheese. The chicken was so tasty and tender, and both sides were delicious. We ate it all and enjoyed every morsel. The staff were nice, friendly, and ready to help. We liked it all.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank KyBoop
“Great local made bbq!”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Very good. Great taste. All homemade including sauces. Not fancy, but very clean and nice.