“Whatever you think. You can get better for the money!”

Motel 6 Lexington East
Ranked #62 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Lexington, Kentucky
“Whatever you think. You can get better for the money!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here for a week. Def not worth it for the price, I've stayed in better for the same prices. I would not recommend this Motel 6, unless you don't mind:

-They only clean the rooms every 3 days (This is what I was told at the front desk)
-No shampoo/conditioner bottles, just two bars of flimsy soap.
-You can hear EVERYTHING that's going on outside and from neighbors! (not exaggerating)
-Non smoking but there was clearly an ashtray, and burn holes on mattress,
-POOR WIFI (would hardly load through FaceBook) $3 a day for WiFi; That just seems unnecessary to me. (It was more like a hassle having call/go to the front desk everyday)
-The area seems pretty shady to me, Hustler right next door, Motel 8 right next to it, a lot of creeps walking around... I actually didn't trust leaving my car out there. They do not have any outside cameras (confirmed by the front desk),The police patrolled around every few hours, though.
-No alarm clock...
-Shower head is very weak.

On the other hand, for a Motel 6, this place is pretty good.

-clean rooms (for a motel 6)
-lots of fast food and stuff around it
-Decent beds

This is all I have to say about it; You can find better for the money... This place is OK if you're just staying a night or two.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

This motel is right off I 75 and is more than fine for an overnight stay while travelling. The room was clean and allegedly nonsmoking. One does wonder why there was an ashtray however??? We were travelling with a pet and that was not an issue. The price was $52 and another $3 for Internet access which was the most reasonable in the area. The motel is near Arby's and McDonald's so dining options are okay. It is one of the nicer Motel 6 locations.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for one night on two occasions during a trip to Tennessee.
Both rooms were adequate and the front office staff were very friendly,helpful and willing to please.
Typical of the many Motel 6s we have used over past 20 years.
The rate was certainly the best in area. Free wifi across street in McDonalds so that was not a problem.
Would stay here again if passing through town.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KMHonest
Seaside, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

My family and I moved from Oregon to Kentucky and stayed at this hotel since it was pet friendly. Myself, two boys and my dog where here for over a week while looking for a place to live. I could not believe that hassles I had to go through just to get my room vacuumed once during our stay. The front desk personal was very rude to me when asking for housekeeping ONCE during our whole stay. They informed me to find the housekeeper myself and ask them and they would would have to check the schedule to see if they could fit me in. This makes me wonder on how they clean the rooms when other guest check out. Is it in their schedule to do so?

Not only did I have issues with the front desk, but one would think as an amenity for someone staying as long as I did and as much money I paid for staying, the hotel would offer complimentary wifi. Absolutely not! My friend who lives in Oregon call the hotel to see if he could pay for it over the phone. The hotel hold him there was no way for him to do so; he would need to walk in and pay for it. Well obvious he was unable to do so. I don't understand why the hotel could not take his payment information over the phone. From my past experiences, hotels do a credit card authorization via fax or email. Not this hotel.

My suggestion to the hotel is they need to get better organized and more customer orientated. After all, with out guests/customers, there would be no business. I have worked in the hotel/hospitality industry for 6 years and have over 15 years of customer service. I would not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Title explains it all....Let the Desk associated know about the situation and was told that they would have the room looked at. Wished I would have take a photo, but we just wanted out of the room as quick as possible. We took all of our clothing, bags to wash as soon as we arrived at our next stop in Missouri. Might want to avoid this Motel 6.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank USArmyMP1997
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Just completed our third annual trip to the area and stayed again. Motel has now changed to a Motel 6 and discontinued breakfast. Our room was showing signs of wear - peeling wallpaper in bathroom, worn carpet and noisy air conditioner.
Staff is friendly and helpful and the price is reasonable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

Our room was very clean. The accommodations are a bit spartan, and we got a lovely view of what appears to be a strip club, but we were driving through the area and wanted a cheap, clean, and comfortable place to call it a night. it was the cheapest of all the hotels here by far and served this purpose. There's no breakfast (but a Waffle House is very close) and you can pay extra to get wifi in your room if you like. We paid $50 after taxes for a room with two queens and the weekend pricing.

• Stayed March 2012