“Perfect weekend wake up”
Review of Local Taco

Local Taco
Ranked #20 of 930 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed April 19, 2014

After wandering the Farmer's Market on one of the first nice spring days, we stopped in for some brunch. I had one fish taco and one shrimp taco, both excellent, but the shrimp was the star. My side was something they called Mexican Tater Tots, and they were delicious. My husband had two different breakfast tacos, and loved them both. He had the hash browns, which were good while they were hot, but average once they started cooling down. The fun part was the cheap bloody Mary's ($3) and Mimosas ( $1). Everything is pretty much self-serve, but their staff was friendly and fast. The casual, open-air feel was a great vibe. We'll definitely be back.

There are newer reviews for Local Taco

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Food was good. The tacos could be bigger. I'd recommend the steak taco and the local BBQ taco. Mexican rice wasn't anything special. Will I go back? Yeah probably.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a great place for tacos. This place was an excellent find and recommended to us from a couple locals. Really enjoyed the steak taco, fish taco, and the southern fried chicken taco.

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had read some pretty decent reviews, so we decided to try. Unfortunately, it coincided with the basketball team playing. It was overcrowded, we had to sit outside in the cold, and overpriced. The drink machine was not working, our table was filthy and there were no napkins to be found. The food was ok, nothing special. I was hoping after all the situational annoyances the food would make up for it. It did not. We had eight different tacos. The fish on the fish tacos looked and tasted like a frozen filet, think Gorton's. The brisket was ok, but it had a glob of sauce on one end, the rest was dry. Just was hoping for better food. Skip it.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was our first time at Local Taco. They have a variety of Tacos and enchiladas. The restaurant does a nice job of putting their own twist on a traditional favorite. I had the bbq taco and the southern fried taco. Both were equally great! The queso is tastey! My husband had the steak taco as well which was very good! The atmosphere is fun and the staff is fantastic!