“Great place to dime”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My initial reaction when I realized that you walk up to a counter to place your order was not good. However, Local Taco far exceeded my initial biased expectations! The location is an old home converted to commercial use. The ambiance while being contemporary is very warm and cozy. Our food came out very quickly and was excellent. My salad was very fresh and delicious. My son ordered the four tacos and enjoyed being able to select four different varieties. We had a sampling of four different salsas with our chips. The black bean and corn salsa was a hit at our table. We will definitely return!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

5 of us ate at Local Taco last night. We had several different salsa's, guacamole and quest dip to start. Very good. Their margaritas are the best in town. Various tacos and sides amongst us and all were delicious. Not your average Mexican fare. Much lighter and tastier.

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

This isn't a typical taco joint. So don't expect lots of beans and rice (and beans) to fill you up. The portions are petite, but worth every penny.

I had the Dinner Taco combo. Two handmade, little wonders--one chicken and one pork--with two sides.

Match this with a great local ale (West Sixth Street) and you're good. I mean real good.

Parking is a challenge, but so is choosing which taco you'll try next.

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Enough said... Super yummy food using fresh ingredients with a cool atmosphere. This place can get packed out at lunch, so get there early!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

If your looking to support a local business, that serves local food, this is the place to go. My husband and I went on a Friday night with a couple of friends and had a wonderful meal at this fun restaurant. We each ordered a group of 4 tacos, which cost $10. You can pick and choose what filling you want in your taco and 4 was a nice serving. We probably tried the entire menu between the 4 of us, and enjoyed them all. The Margarita's are made with freshly squeezed limes and were wonderful. I will absolutely be returning for another good meal at the Local Taco!