“Not your normal taco”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Lexington, Kentucky
“Not your normal taco”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Unique options and great social laid back atmosphere. Not you "Mexican" style taco but a great way to mix it up.

• Visited September 2012

Elizabethtown, Kentucky
“Don't Believe the Hype”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I went to The Local Taco based upon it's presentation on a television show about Bluegrass Chefs. I ordered the Key Lime Chicken, Veggie Taco, and spinach and mushroom enchilada. My meal was prepared very quickly, but it was very bland. The sauces for both tacos were hiding somewhere close to the last bite, so the tacos were dry until I finally found the sauce. Once I found the sauce, it was very good for about two bites, and then it was over. The spinach and mushroom enchilada, should be renamed or taken off the menu. It was mush. There were no distinct flavors, and other than the title, I could not tell what I had ordered. If you are driving, parking is very limited. If it's between The Local Taco and somewhere else, I would choose somewhere else.

Visited August 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
“Can't wait to go back and try more!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I came here on a weekday and it was fantastic. There is patio seating and indoor seating. You order at the front and they bring the food. There are lots of different choices. I got the Korean taco and the chips and salsa. My friend got the buffalo taco. It was hot and tasty and I'll be back soon!!!

• Visited August 2012
“Candlebox & Tacos”
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

I found out about The Local Taco from my boyfriend who attended the Candlebox Concert a few months ago. The guys ordered Local Taco but my bf was under the weather and couldn't eat. He came home complaining bc the tacos looked & smelled so amazing. It was fortunate that I, being from Louisville, happened to be in Lexington to do a Dove Chocolate party and google mapped the Local Taco which happened to be only a few miles away. So I grabbed carry out and traveled all the way home to surprise my man. Even cooled off the tacos were amazing! I ordered the 4 for $10 tacos plus 1 and the trio of salsas which came with 2 bags of chips for only $19 total. Great value! The Briskit was delish & smoky, the steak has great flavor, fried chicken, tequila lime chic & the other was spicy spicy but cannot remember the name and it was my favorite! We will be making a trip to Lexington just to eat there soon! Fresh & high quality ingredients for a great price! Can't wait to try the drinks!!

Apex, North Carolina
“Wonderful fresh, gourmet tacos!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My family and I went to Local Taco because my sister's friend lives in Lexington and that was her recommendation. I'm so glad we did because the tacos were so good - the ingredients were very high quality and all of the tacos had interesting flavor combinations. All in our group ordered the tacos because of the deal (4 tacos for $10 or 3 tacos plus two sides for $8). The tacos we ordered included the tequila lime chicken, korean bbq, steak, smoked brisket, spicy shrimp, and fish. Everyone liked all of theirs, but it seemed to be the consensus that the korean bbq were the best. We also ordered chips and salsa, which were good, and their special alcoholic drink, which was something with mango, and was a hit! The atmosphere was nice with a very laid-back feel. We sat outside on the deck, which was a good place to people-watch and see the city, but was not too nice when the people sitting next to us started to smoke. I definitely recommend this place, even though the prices are a little more expensive than a regular taco joint. These tacos are gourmet!!

• Visited July 2012