“Food and atmosphere is awesome”
Review of Josie's

Josie's
Ranked #27 of 910 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Lexington, Kentucky
“Food and atmosphere is awesome”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have been to the Josie's in Chevy Chase area twice and both times the food was terrific! First time i got grouper fingers (Yum) and 2nd time a hot brown (double yum!) My husband had the open faced hot turkey sandwich last time and it had a crispy panko coated potato patty hiding underneath....holy cow... it was great!
The servers are so friendly and food came out on time and piping hot.
Great new restaurant!

• Visited January 2013

Lexington, Kentucky
“Wonderful breakfast”
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Tried the blueberry almond pancakes-they were wonderful. Service was slow at first-- we had to ask for a menu and waiter. The food made up for that. Will go back to try lunch and dinner.

Chicago
“Top notch”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

First went to Josie on a tip from a local. After several breakfast experiences that were top notch, my wife and I decided to give the dinner menue a shot. It was a pleasant to find the food well above average at a very fair price. Their fried chicken has become my favorite in Lexington while my wife loved the meat loaf. The parking area is a plus too for ease of getting in and out. We always include Josie' two or three times on our visits to Keeneland in Aprip and October.

• Visited October 2012
georgetown
“fantastic pancakes”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife got the pancakes, I got grits and a omlet. You talk about melt in your mouth. this place many years ago was red hot and blue BBQ. My waiter was very good and service was prompt. we will return. This is a quaint place with above average food. the pancakes almost vaporise in your mouth, a real cut above cracker barrel or any where else in this area. This is a must eat.

chris

• Visited January 2013
Dayton,Ohio
“Far from home”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were in town from Ohio and Josie's was recommended to us. The place is really cute and seems to have a good vibe. I was put aback by our service since it has such great reviews. Our waitress was really rude and I left my meal untouched. The eggs were not cooked and our server never came back to see how it was. The ONE cup of coffe we were served was really good but again the service was terrible.

PS Try not to have a look of utter disgust when someone asks for a spoon to stir the coffee!

• Visited November 2012