“Top Notch BBQ!”

Sachse
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top Notch BBQ!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Transplanted Texan does BBQ up real good! Had the brisket and pulled pork with mac/cheese and corn pudding as sides. Brisket was excellent. Cooked to perfection but could have had bit more smoke/flavor. Pulled pork was really good, too. Tried and liked all four sauce options. Sides were excellent, too. Had the raspberry bread pudding with bourbon ice cream for dessert. Another excellent dish. All that and a shock top for under $20. Outstanding!

I showed up late on Friday (travelling) so I missed the renowned ribs. Will have to try those next time through.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank JRSachse

Belton, Missouri
“Sauce Galore!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

It's not KC BBQ but it was delicious! There are tons of sauces on every table to try which was great for someone who has only eaten KC style BBQ and sauces. The food was super and the prices were great too. The restaurant is a little off the beaten path and a little "whole in the wall" which is normally where we find the best food! It didn't disappoint!! Thank you Shaun Washington for the recommendation!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank tborntreger
Campbellsville
“Not impressed!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

After reading the great reviews I stopped in to try for myself! The service was great however was very unimpressed with the food! I had the pulled pork, it was average, the cole slaw had no flavor and my sweet tea was awful!

1 Thank Amandawilson05
Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food friendly service”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Definitely would come back. Really enjoyed the food and the service. Only disappointment is they are out of brisket but the pulled pork was excellent.

Burlington, Vermont
“Don't turn back, enjoy the flavors”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Don't let the outside surroundings fool you, this is fingerlicking good BBQ!

We had planned to eat here based on the Trip Advisor reviews, but as we pulled in the make-shift parking lot, I grew a bit skeptical. Nearby is a shady-looking, falling appart old motel, painted the same as the BBQ place, which gave me pause, because they appeared to be under the same ownership. Though my assumption was never disconfirmed, it didn't need to be.

Upon first entering, the staff were welcoming and friendly. The restaurant itself was intact. The price was right. Two entrees gives you four sides, basically a family meal. My partner and I split two meals so we could try the various meats: pulled chicken, pork, beef biscuit, and ribs. The ribs were amazing. Had I known beforehand how amazing they would be, I probably would have ordered their biggest plate of ribs for myself!

The sides were yummy too. If you like corn pudding, you'll love theirs'. Their baked beans had really good flavor and their green beans were cooked untraditional by excluding bacon, but were still scrumptious. The corn muffins are a yummy combination of corn flavor and sweet.

It was so good, we even bought the t-shirt, which was also reasonably priced!

1 Thank TourLocalLife