“Love this place! Great Food, Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Windy Corner Market

Windy Corner Market
Ranked #12 of 885 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Amid northern Lexington's legendary horse farms sits Windy Corner Market, a destination for delicious homemade Po-Boy sandwiches, plate breakfasts and dinners, bakery treats and sundries. We are Kentucky Proud, and use local meats and produce in our food!
KY
“Love this place! Great Food, Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

I personally like eating at "out of the way places" The restaurant is right next to a Horse Farm, often the horses are playing as you eat. I almost always have the Special, on Sundays it is The Hot Brown. (A Kentucky Tradition) And it is the best I have ever had.

If your up for something unique, casual, and want to avoid the Franchise and Corporate type places you will love this.

1 Thank Rockamundo

Lexington, Kentucky
“Ouita does it again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is one of my absolute favorite restaurants. It is down home on the inside--a relaxed place to have fun with friends. I didn't check yes on one of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant because WC isn't meant to be that. It is one of the best meals I've ever had for this kind of casual restaurant. And the place is committed to patronizing local farmers, always a plus with me. I love Windy Corners!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ERAvan
Toronto, Canada
“Kentucky Country Cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We drove from Georgetown into the lush horse farm country to find the restaurant and were in love with this place, from the start. I had a shrimp and chip basket and husband a Hot Brown but there were many unique options for fresh food and desserts. Inside seating is available and also a screened porch and front porch, so lots of places to sit. And the walls are lined with local food items for sale. The Weisenberger Mill products are used here and were especially of interest as we had been there the day before. Sitting in the country market, eating and just enjoying the hospitality was one of the highlights of our trip. We will be back.

Lexington, KY
“What ever you do, DON'T TELL ANYBODY about Windy Corner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Great southern comfort and Ky based favorites. Definitely not fine dining. Order at the counter and your food is brought to your table. Never been disappointed with my choice. After dinner, shop for regional food and related items not found at your big box. It's out of the way but well the drive.

• Visited April 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
“Prepare for a loooong wait”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

So the deal wit this place is that you stand in line to order and then get a table and the food is brought to you. Cool. They were busy, but not so busy that I would think my friend and her 2 kids would not get our food for an hour. We waited in line about 30minutes, and waited at the table for another 30 minutes. The kids are ages 2 and 5. Thank goodness we had stuff for them to play with. The food is good, but it's really the scenary that is the draw here. There are horses next to the parking lot. It's so beautiful and you can eat inside or out. I don't plan on going back. I'm sure travelers froom other regions of the country would really love the food and find it very unique.

• 2 of 5 bubbles