“Fun place and great food!”

Windy Corner Market
Ranked #14 of 903 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Amid northern Lexington's legendary horse farms sits Windy Corner Market, a destination for delicious homemade Po-Boy sandwiches, plate breakfasts and dinners, bakery treats and sundries. We are Kentucky Proud, and use local meats and produce in our food!
Dallas, Texas
“Fun place and great food!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great country cafe for a great casual meal. We usually come Saturday night, because we love their BBQ pork rib special. We always order the fried shrimp basket to share; and the shrimps were fresh and perfectly fried. My favorite is the Kentucky po-boy, pulled pork with fried pickles and their special bourbon bbq sauce. And do not forget to have some Pam's special grain salad; and save room for their wonderful deserts! Very friendly folks. What else would you ask for?

Ellicott City, Maryland
“Bluegrass Breakfast Winner”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Enjoy a casual meal in the beautiful horse country just north of Lexington at Windy Corner Market. My brother, a Lexington local for decades, took me there for a hearty and enjoyable breakfast.

The Market has a friendly vibe and great food and is the latest little jewel in the culinary crown of local chef/owner Ouita Michel who practices farm-to-table sourcing for most of the ingredients. This was reflected in the fresh "homemade" flavors of my southern-style breakfast plate. The sausage was delicious, the biscuit was flaky and delightful and I even enjoyed the grits! I'm actually not a grits fan but instead of the typical, Cream of Wheat consistency so often served this rendition could literally stand on its own. They were good enough to change my opinion at least in this case. I ate them all!

Saddle up and race over to Windy Corner Market at your next opportunity!

Tennessee
“Quaint, beautiful countryside.”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Went for first time this week, visiting from Nashville. Oysters were very good, got there early enough we did not have to stand in line. Beautiful views from windows. Pretty warm inside, overhead fans going, but I was one of several folks who commented that the air conditioning needed adjusting. Staff ok, but kind of distant and not very friendly. There were about 12 customers, 6 staff, and I went to the counter to order my mom some ice cream....I stood....waited....waited...finLly asked, and they had forgotten....I mean, this isn't McDonald's's....

London, Kentucky, United States
“Quaint little delight not far from the busiest part of Lexington!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I first heard about this place from someone at work, so decided to check it out with a friend. You turn off the congested part of New Circle onto a road that takes you about 7 miles outside of town. The drive was beautiful; lots of tree coverage, horse farms/stables, and lovely homes! Just when we thought we'd surely passed it up, we came up on what just looked like a corner market. (I guess that's the point!) Out front, there's a swarm of pretty flowers blooming and a few tables to eat at if the weather will tolerate it. When you go in, walk to the front counter and you'll see a stack of what looks like a county circular. That's the menu!!! How cute, right?! We took ours to a nearby table to look at it thoroughly.
A piece of advice: ordering is like at a fast food counter instead of sit down restaurant. I wanted to order appetizers first, like a sit down place, but it's best to order everything at once. Also, they have a self-serve drink station. You go get your own after you order... Don't be like us and wait for them to bring it to you.
We ordered an appetizer: Fried Sweet Banana Pepper Rings with the Smoky Tomato Ranch dressing for dipping. Oh yeah! Fantastic! For our meal, we both wanted to try a Po-Boy, and they have so many options! Also, once you decide on the sandwich, they have 2 choices for bread: you can either get it on the 8" brioche roll or you can choose to make it a wrap. We chose one of each. I got a Kentucky Po-Boy on the roll, which has BBQ pulled pork with all the fixins and topped with fried pickles! Yuuuumo! And my friend got the Smoked Chicken Po-Boy in a wrap, which was also amazing! We split everything we ordered to be able to try more. I'm still dreaming of those sandwiches! Each came with chips, but we chose to pay an extra dollar and substitute one of their homemade sides. This was my only problem: I got the red-skin potato salad and she got the healthy grain salad, and we were not fans of either. The next time I go back, I'll just stick with French fries for my side.
As for the service, they just have some help to bus tables, but I wouldn't call them waiters. Don't wait on them to bring you drinks, and don't expect them to be at all knowledgeable about the menu. If you have a question, ask the cashier at the counter.
Besides the meal, they also had a lot of granny'esque items for sale: sourgham, jams/jellies, honey, etc. I also noticed a lot of gluten-free items, if that interests you. The atmosphere was really laid back, kinda felt like eating at home. And the price was very easy on the wallet!
Overall, I really loved it and will definitely go back with different people!

• Visited June 2013
“This food is great, overall atmosphere good could use a little more customer service”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

this is a restaurant great concept very very good food beautiful area to dine atin the country over looking horse farms(beautiful)
every time my family comes in from out of town they want to eat there our last trip was in May the counter help wasn't that helpful nor did he seem pleased to be waiting on us he was youngprobably college age just seem bored with the help deal of having to wait on people other than that the food was excellent as it always is great price but that little bit not going to stop me from going I highly highly recommended it.

• Visited May 2013