“Quaint little delight not far from the busiest part of Lexington!”

Windy Corner Market
Ranked #12 of 893 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Amid northern Lexington's legendary horse farms sits Windy Corner Market, a destination for delicious homemade Po-Boy sandwiches, plate breakfasts and dinners, bakery treats and sundries. We are Kentucky Proud, and use local meats and produce in our food!
London, Kentucky, United States
“Quaint little delight not far from the busiest part of Lexington!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I first heard about this place from someone at work, so decided to check it out with a friend. You turn off the congested part of New Circle onto a road that takes you about 7 miles outside of town. The drive was beautiful; lots of tree coverage, horse farms/stables, and lovely homes! Just when we thought we'd surely passed it up, we came up on what just looked like a corner market. (I guess that's the point!) Out front, there's a swarm of pretty flowers blooming and a few tables to eat at if the weather will tolerate it. When you go in, walk to the front counter and you'll see a stack of what looks like a county circular. That's the menu!!! How cute, right?! We took ours to a nearby table to look at it thoroughly.
A piece of advice: ordering is like at a fast food counter instead of sit down restaurant. I wanted to order appetizers first, like a sit down place, but it's best to order everything at once. Also, they have a self-serve drink station. You go get your own after you order... Don't be like us and wait for them to bring it to you.
We ordered an appetizer: Fried Sweet Banana Pepper Rings with the Smoky Tomato Ranch dressing for dipping. Oh yeah! Fantastic! For our meal, we both wanted to try a Po-Boy, and they have so many options! Also, once you decide on the sandwich, they have 2 choices for bread: you can either get it on the 8" brioche roll or you can choose to make it a wrap. We chose one of each. I got a Kentucky Po-Boy on the roll, which has BBQ pulled pork with all the fixins and topped with fried pickles! Yuuuumo! And my friend got the Smoked Chicken Po-Boy in a wrap, which was also amazing! We split everything we ordered to be able to try more. I'm still dreaming of those sandwiches! Each came with chips, but we chose to pay an extra dollar and substitute one of their homemade sides. This was my only problem: I got the red-skin potato salad and she got the healthy grain salad, and we were not fans of either. The next time I go back, I'll just stick with French fries for my side.
As for the service, they just have some help to bus tables, but I wouldn't call them waiters. Don't wait on them to bring you drinks, and don't expect them to be at all knowledgeable about the menu. If you have a question, ask the cashier at the counter.
Besides the meal, they also had a lot of granny'esque items for sale: sourgham, jams/jellies, honey, etc. I also noticed a lot of gluten-free items, if that interests you. The atmosphere was really laid back, kinda felt like eating at home. And the price was very easy on the wallet!
Overall, I really loved it and will definitely go back with different people!

• Visited June 2013

“This food is great, overall atmosphere good could use a little more customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

this is a restaurant great concept very very good food beautiful area to dine atin the country over looking horse farms(beautiful)
every time my family comes in from out of town they want to eat there our last trip was in May the counter help wasn't that helpful nor did he seem pleased to be waiting on us he was youngprobably college age just seem bored with the help deal of having to wait on people other than that the food was excellent as it always is great price but that little bit not going to stop me from going I highly highly recommended it.

• Visited May 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Best Breakfast in Town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friends and I stopped at Windy Corner Market for breakfast while on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. We arrived at about 9:30 am on a Sunday and there was no wait. However, by the time we left, about an hour later, it was starting to get crowded. I ordered the "Stone Cross Farm Sausage and Eggs" and it was REALLY good. You could tell everything, from the biscuits to the grits, was homemade (with love, of course). I also ordered the "Betty Ann" scone compliments of Midway School bakery (see my separate review on Midway School).

If you're in the area, I would definitely stop at Windy Corner Market. They also carry locally made products: jellies, jams, condiments, etc., and even beer from nearby Town Branch/Alltech.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank QTPyePop
Lexington, Kentucky
“Breakfast or Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

YUM! Best Po'Boy in Lexington! Their breakfasts are to die for as well. It's a little off the main road, but you're eating in the middle of horse country, so what could be better?! They even have local goods you can purchase to take home and do your own cooking with. The people are always friendly, and farm owners frequent.

Visited April 2013
Dayton, Ohio
“Country eat joint in the city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

My daughter took me to this wonderful little country market on a rainy day and I was smiling the minute we drove up. It's bright and rustic with colorful flowers surrounding the place. The staff was so welcoming. We had oyster basket,shrimp PoBoy,artichoke fritters and bourbon pecan pie. The menu is New Orleans flavor but country dishes and breakfast are also offered. They also have a health pub baskets (steamed veggies and tofu),Samiches,burgers and barbecue. They buy local ingredients and sell the ingredients as well. They have a nightly special menu and kid's menu. Beverages include soda,tea,coffee,wine and beer. The dessert menu is to die for. This place has something for everyone. I loved it and so will you.

• Visited June 2013