“Great location, okay food”

Windy Corner Market
Ranked #14 of 901 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Amid northern Lexington's legendary horse farms sits Windy Corner Market, a destination for delicious homemade Po-Boy sandwiches, plate breakfasts and dinners, bakery treats and sundries. We are Kentucky Proud, and use local meats and produce in our food!
Michigan
“Great location, okay food”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This place was highly recommended by the cousin we were visiting, even though it was at least a 40 minute drive from their house and even farther from our hotel. It was nice to get out of the city of Lexington and see some of the rolling hills that we've heard so much about regarding Kentucky. The market itself is cute with a nice front porch and outdoor seating out front, I also believe there was a screened in back porch. There are numerous items to buy that you would find in a general store around the walls and they were fun to look at.

We got there after 7pm on a Friday night and the line was pretty much out the door to order food, in fact we were lined up on the porch and were yelled at to come in and line up along the wall. You wait in line that was inexplicably slow, order with a cashier, get your drink and then sit down. The tables were close together and it was very, very loud in there. There was a band of some sort in the back porch, which really wasn't that far from where we were sitting but we couldn't hear them even after a few tables emptied. My husband and I ordered right in front of my cousin and they waited a long time to get their food after we got ours. They also never received their appetizer though they were able to get two desserts to replace this. The food was good, my husband got the combo with shrimp and oysters and I got the grilled salmon with lemon oregano. Even heated up, my meal was very good. We did think it is a bit over priced and when I pay $15/per person I don't really like a person coming out of the kitchen screaming my name and having to get up and get my plates from them. A better idea would be the little triangle number stands that even Chuck E Cheese uses! I don't know if I'll return just because of the noise factor. Maybe in the middle of the afternoon or something it might not be too bad or maybe when it's warm enough to eat outdoors it could be better. I do like the fact they use local products but that is not enough for me when it's that noisy.

• Visited October 2012

Lexington, Kentucky
“Thursday Special Not so Special”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had not visited in a while & pulled up their menu online & got excited about their Étouffée. Very bland & disappointing for an over priced bowl of rice,,

• Visited October 2012
Lexington, KY
“Beautiful drive”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Looking for a nice outing from Lexington? You could do worse than the beautiful drive out Bryan Station Road to this lovely spot about 10 miles north of the city. Technically, you're still in Lexington, but you're actually in the heart of horse-farm country.

Getting there is the fun. Once you're inside, you'll usually wait in line a few minutes and place your order at the counter. Sometimes the line is very slow. After placing your order, take a seat and wait for your food. Sometimes the wait is pretty long. So come here when you have some time on your hands. You'll enjoy the visit but you may not want to do this often.

The sandwiches, salads and bakery items are good, if a bit overpriced. Service is spotty, if in fact you consider that this place has service.

Long on charm, good for breakfast or lunch. You'd probably want to skip this as a dinner option unless you're just looking for an expensive sandwich.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Frankstone
London
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went here twice in a 24 hour period (actually, more like a 12 hour period!) for dinner and then breakfast. While it was a bit confusing how to order (you order at the counter and food is delivered to your table) it was well worth it. The food was delicious and fresh. I loved it and am looking for an excuse to get back to Lexington to dine there again.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank kcbf
Lexington, Kentucky
“Local and fresh”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It's a great drive to get there, and breakfast and lunch have not disappointed. A little slow during peak times, but worth the wait.

Visited September 2012