“Lunch w/ visitors from Germany”

Windy Corner Market
Ranked #10 of 921 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Amid northern Lexington's legendary horse farms sits Windy Corner Market, a destination for delicious homemade Po-Boy sandwiches, plate breakfasts and dinners, bakery treats and sundries. We are Kentucky Proud, and use local meats and produce in our food!
Lexington, Kentucky
“Lunch w/ visitors from Germany”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Everything !!!!
I had the Catfish platter, wife had the shrimp Po- Boy, friends
enjoyed everything about the place.

Visited April 2012

Carpinteria, California
“Great hidden gem”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Windy Corner Market seems like a long way out of the way to a visitor, but it is well worth it. It is great we had a friend show us this place for lunch. It is a big open, airy, place with lots of windows. You order as you walk in and then take a seat at any table. I had the shrimp basket for lunch, but my friend had the shimp po-boy. The po-boy is basically the shrimp basket shrimp on a roll with the good sauce pored over it. Overall it was a nice place, with good food.

Lebanon, Virginia
“Great family eats in the middle of horse country!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

What a charming place, my family and I, wife and two daughters ages 8 and 6 were doing the "big blue lex" scenic driving tour, and came up on the Windy Corner Market, what a treat! Everything for the most part is grown, or made in KY. I had the fried oyster salad, and actually this is one of the best oysters I've ever eaten.....in the middle of KY! They also have country fare too, my daugter got a bowl of brown/soup beans, with a great corn fritter. It is all good in a totally spectacular setting, affordable too, kids got free ice creme w/ their meal. Resteraunt decor, atmosphere, and setting are all very memorable, food was great too. About 15 minutes from downtown Lexington.

Ventura, California
“Good fried shrimp”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Went there for lunch. the fried shrimp basket is good. I'm not big on fries but the shrimp with the special sauce was good. It is quite a drive to get to this place. The scenic drive is nice. As an out-of-towner I would have never found this place on my own.

Lexington, KY
“Quintessential Kentucky”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is a beautiful drive through horse country to arrive at a wonderful cafe where you can get great food for any meal of the day. One of our favorites is a late evening trip out there for ice cream sundaes. But we can often also been seen there for breakfast. Also a great place to buy a food gift from Kentucky or some fun Kentucky products to sample.

Visited March 2012