“Great Hotel at a Great Price!”

Red Roof Inn Lexington South
Ranked #47 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have stayed at this Red Roof in on Wilhite drive many times because I travel to Lexington frequently for work. The room price is great, I usually stay in the superior king with fridge and microwave and a desk/work area. The hotel's location is great, being right off New Circle Road makes getting to any area of Lexington easy. The rooms are clean and comfortable especially since they were recently remodeled. I have only had a few minor issues in all the times I have stayed there and each time the issues was taken care of promptly. The staff is very nice and helpful at both check in and check out. Also this hotel is pet friendly and you don't have to pay an extra fee or deposit to have a pet. This is the only hotel I will stay at when I am in Lexington.

Room Tip: The superior king is not that much more in price and you get large desk/work area along with a mini...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for leaving your response. We are glad you stay with us every time you come to our area. The superior king room is a great value with the in room coffee, iron and ironing board, refridgerator, microwave and large desk area. We hope you will continue staying with us in the future.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Lexington South

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We needed to be in Lexington for a few days. I booked our stay online. I read that they had remodeled the rooms. The location could not have been better for our needs. The room was wonderful. We especially liked the new flooring, so many times you are just not sure of how clean the carpets are in your room. The flooring in our room was a wood look and you could tell it was clean. The whole room was very nice. Staff were very helpful, we needed to book an extra room while we were there and they made that process very easy. I would stay here anytime I need a place in Lexington.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for your response. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also very happy with the new wood flooring. I will definately let the staff know you were please with your stay. I would like to invite you to stay with us again if you return to our area.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The room was clean and was stocked with everything we need. We checked in very late at night and the women was very friendly with us. The next morning when checking out the front desk gave us directions to a near by dog park.

Room Tip: Dog Friendly
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth H
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for your response. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased the directions you received were helpful to you and your pet. We are pet friendly and always enjoy guests bring them. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Very accomodating front desk. We requested an additional room for out of town guest at the last minute, even though this location was booked full the front desk put us on standby while we attended a local event. Upon our return that evening they promptly handed us keys to second room with no wait. They even placed our friend right next to our room without us asking. As a small buisness owner I couldnt help but notice how they worked behind the scenes to accomodate our needs. Will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Lexington. We are glad we could accomadate your needs while you were here. I will definately share your response with our staff. I would like to invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to our area.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had to come to Lexington for a dental extraction @ UK - College of Dentristry. UK - College of Dentristry was awesome... for people who need dental work, I highly recommend it.
The hotel was (apprently} recently upgrade with new floors and new bedding and possibly new paint, However, the toilet ran off and on all day & night. Before coming here we requested a room close to the elevator, because of the extraction and possible dopiness feeling after surgery. There were lots of rooms closer, I am not sure why we weren't given one of them. Some people have told us we should have complained and let them correct it. We asked in advance and were told our room was the closest but we walked past other room exactly like ours. both days we were there. If I seem a bit irritated, I appologize. But we asked in advance and at the front desk when we checked in. The hotel is on the same road as the hospital and easy to get to. After we got used to the sound of the toilet going on and off, we slept very well. Would I recommend this hotel to anyone, yes. It served our purpose, cheap and close & easy access to UK Hospital.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back receive morning sun... helped us to wake up.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your response. We are located very close to all the Lexington hospitals. I do apologize for the toilet troubles you had during your stay. I will let the staff know we need to pay closer attention to this issue. We do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great stay and Staff was very nice. The rooms were very nice and clean. I spent some time with the front desk person and they were very helpful and made the stay much more enjoyable.
I checked in 10 rooms on a pre check in situation to make the check in process go easier and more smooth than it would have if we had 20-30 people in the lobby at one time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I am happy the staff was pleasant and I will let them know you were pleased with them. I would like to invite you to stay with us again if you are in the area.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The room was fine and clean. The price I was quoted that night was $56 plus tax per night in a non smoking queen. I wanted a room with a refrigerator & microwave but they said it would cost at least $5 more per night. In the morning when I went to check out my total it ended up being around $71 for that night. Come to find out I had been charged to have a guest in my room which they did not inform me of when I checked in. And I had been charged $1.50 for the safe in my room. Luckily I read the info on the safe door where you have to ask for that charge to be removed. So if you don't read what you're being charged for you wouldn't know to have it taken off. Not to mention no breakfast. I checked out after 1 night & went to a different hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave you response about your recent stay. I am glad you found your room to be clean. We do have in room safes in all our rooms. If you do not use the safe, we will gladly remove the 1.50 fee for you. Thanks again for staying with us and hope you stay with us again.