“"cheap and close & easy access to UK Hospital."”

Red Roof Inn Lexington South
Ranked #46 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had to come to Lexington for a dental extraction @ UK - College of Dentristry. UK - College of Dentristry was awesome... for people who need dental work, I highly recommend it.
The hotel was (apprently} recently upgrade with new floors and new bedding and possibly new paint, However, the toilet ran off and on all day & night. Before coming here we requested a room close to the elevator, because of the extraction and possible dopiness feeling after surgery. There were lots of rooms closer, I am not sure why we weren't given one of them. Some people have told us we should have complained and let them correct it. We asked in advance and were told our room was the closest but we walked past other room exactly like ours. both days we were there. If I seem a bit irritated, I appologize. But we asked in advance and at the front desk when we checked in. The hotel is on the same road as the hospital and easy to get to. After we got used to the sound of the toilet going on and off, we slept very well. Would I recommend this hotel to anyone, yes. It served our purpose, cheap and close & easy access to UK Hospital.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back receive morning sun... helped us to wake up.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your response. We are located very close to all the Lexington hospitals. I do apologize for the toilet troubles you had during your stay. I will let the staff know we need to pay closer attention to this issue. We do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great stay and Staff was very nice. The rooms were very nice and clean. I spent some time with the front desk person and they were very helpful and made the stay much more enjoyable.
I checked in 10 rooms on a pre check in situation to make the check in process go easier and more smooth than it would have if we had 20-30 people in the lobby at one time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I am happy the staff was pleasant and I will let them know you were pleased with them. I would like to invite you to stay with us again if you are in the area.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The room was fine and clean. The price I was quoted that night was $56 plus tax per night in a non smoking queen. I wanted a room with a refrigerator & microwave but they said it would cost at least $5 more per night. In the morning when I went to check out my total it ended up being around $71 for that night. Come to find out I had been charged to have a guest in my room which they did not inform me of when I checked in. And I had been charged $1.50 for the safe in my room. Luckily I read the info on the safe door where you have to ask for that charge to be removed. So if you don't read what you're being charged for you wouldn't know to have it taken off. Not to mention no breakfast. I checked out after 1 night & went to a different hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave you response about your recent stay. I am glad you found your room to be clean. We do have in room safes in all our rooms. If you do not use the safe, we will gladly remove the 1.50 fee for you. Thanks again for staying with us and hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

price was good @ 55.00. Stayed 2 nights. Room very clean. This is close to every major mall in Lexington. No breakfast, but plenty of resturants within a mile. Hardwood floors much better than carpet. No amenities such as fridge, coffee pot, iron, hair dryer in our room but available in other rooms. 2 ice machines, 1 out of order,other overworked, had to buy ice. Wise to take a cooler. Free coffee in lobby, free daily lexington newspaper. Motel sold out on our stay but very quiet. 3 levels with elevator. Not much for kids to do at motel but Gattiland is across the street.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your response about your recent stay at our property. We do have the Fayette Mall located blocks from our property. We do have numerous eating choices located within a mile from us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you return in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Rooms are redone, but even that appears to be rather outdated. Their wi-fi service was horrible, and the bathtub was very small. Did not feel like the room was exceptionally clean.
Price quoted on the phone, and what I paid in person were two different prices, higher of course when I got there than what it was on the phone.
There was no resturaunt, no fitness center, etc. The beds were hard. There was no refrigerator nor microwave.
For the price, well, I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room with a refrigerator and microwave.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for selecting us for your lodging needs. I do apologize for the room rate not matching your quoted rate. If you will please contact the property I will make sure this issue gets resolved. We are a newly renovated property. We do have many eating facilities within walking distance. I hope you choose us if you return to our area.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Older Red Roof that has been totally refurbished with new flooring and furnishings. Totally smoke free, flat screen tv's, microwave and refrigerator and safe in room. wifi was fast and a nice area to work at. Rooms were very nice for the money and I enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: I would choose rooms on third floor next time to lower noise even that little bit extra. Elevator or...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response regarding your recent stay. We did just complete a renovation, and we are glad you liked it. We hope you will stay with us again if in the area.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at Red Roof Inn, Lexington South, for two days in February 2013. The room is nice and appears to have been updated recently, with new flooring and furnishings. It has a nice "office" area in the room, as well as a flat screen t.v., microwave, and refrigerator. Everything worked appropriately. The only downfall is that the rooms are outside-entrance, which leads to more noise. However, considering the hotel was completely full, the noise level was relatively low. I would recommend this hotel for those looking for a cheaper option to a comfortable, quality room. The hotel is quite a distance from the downtown area of Lexington, so plan to drive or call a cab if traveling dowtown.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
redroof184, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington South, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your response. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We did just complete a renovation on every room at our property. We are located about four miles from the downtown area. Thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs and we hope you will stay with us during your next visit to Lexington.